Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    I agree with 48091, fire them all. This sick out isn't about safety, just like their work slow down isn't about ensuring the best work is done on the buses.

DDOT has shown that they care about one thing and one thing only, themselves. Hopefully when an EFM is brought in their union contracts will be voided and the drivers and maintenance workers will actually have to perform as expected and in a manner comparable to other cities.

DDOT and AFSCME are in for a rude awakening when an EFM is appointed.
    Somewhere a Mackinaw Center crony is saying "I told you it would work!". Cut funding until it's impossible to effectively operate and then you have the perfect excuse to privatize.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Somewhere a Mackinaw Center crony is saying "I told you it would work!". Cut funding until it's impossible to effectively operate and then you have the perfect excuse to privatize.
    I'm the last person to agree with the Mackinaw center and I do not believe core services should be privatized. That said, the actions of the drivers and the mechanics at DDOT show that they care about themselves and union negotiations and don't give two shits about the citizens.

Cutting funding is a sad reality, intentionally walking away from your job, stranding people and taking 2-3 times the time of your peers for repairs is not the fault of some conspiracy. It is the fault of the rank and file taking orders from the union to stick it to the city by negatively impacting the citizens.

My office has a pretty good view of the Rosa Parks Transit Center and that place is barren today...