Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I have begun to wonder if maybe this situation is a bit like bankruptcy for GM. No one wanted it. They said it would be the death of the company. But a couple of years later, things don't look so bad do they? Maybe we really do need someone to come in and tear things apart so that they can be put back together in a new way... a way that paves the path to long term prosperity.

Charles Pugh today in the Free Press states Detroit doesnt need a emergency manager as they can solve the problems themselves. Mr. Pugh doesnt make any sense, He says they can solve the problems themselves, yet , as usual , council block Bing on most things.. Then Pugh says the first thing to do is negotiate more with the unions ??? Hello???
    What do you think Bing has done,, they have been negotiated down to the point where they wont anymore,, Where has he been??? This guy really needs to do his homework. Bing has made some mistakes but I think overall he is miles ahead of KingKwame and his gang of thieves. Bing has enormous obstacles to overcome, mostly built up by previous administrations, as well as a major sucker punch with the economic state of the city and state in the last several years. No matter what he does he gets major criticism.. Id luv to see the person who can solve all of these issues,, There isnt one. I dont think there is anyone out there who can deal with this situation better than Bing, [[ that would run for mayor that is)

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    Charles Pugh today in the Free Press states Detroit doesnt need a emergency manager as they can solve the problems themselves. Mr. Pugh doesnt make any sense, He says they can solve the problems themselves, yet , as usual , council block Bing on most things.
    Pugh, who went through bankruptcy, is not who I would go to for budgeting advice, nor would I have voted for him because of his own financial insolvency.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Pugh, who went through bankruptcy, is not who I would go to for budgeting advice, nor would I have voted for him because of his own financial insolvency.
    Totally agree, we're suppose to take financial advice from a guy who couldn't get enough credit to buy a salt shaker.

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    Charles Pugh today in the Free Press states Detroit doesnt need a emergency manager as they can solve the problems themselves. Mr. Pugh doesnt make any sense, He says they can solve the problems themselves, yet , as usual , council block Bing on most things.. Then Pugh says the first thing to do is negotiate more with the unions ??? Hello???
    What do you think Bing has done,, they have been negotiated down to the point where they wont anymore,, Where has he been??? This guy really needs to do his homework. Bing has made some mistakes but I think overall he is miles ahead of KingKwame and his gang of thieves. Bing has enormous obstacles to overcome, mostly built up by previous administrations, as well as a major sucker punch with the economic state of the city and state in the last several years. No matter what he does he gets major criticism.. Id luv to see the person who can solve all of these issues,, There isnt one. I dont think there is anyone out there who can deal with this situation better than Bing, [[ that would run for mayor that is)
    You need to do your homework. For the last couple of years has council proposed deeper budget cuts than the mayor and he vetoed them saying they were too much. Now he wants to be EFM? It's Bing who's been far less agressive in trying to cut the budget