And how, exactly, are they identifying the driver before even flipping on the lights? License plates only identify the vehicle owner, not the driver. Kinda blows your premise there, hyperbole boy.

As far as the rest, who knows other than the fact that blacks represent an inordinate number of the impoverished around here and that works against getting a vehicle legally purchased, plated, and insured, leading to more enforceable infractions on the part of those who do the only thing they can to survive in this town with spotty public transportation, at best. Traffic school is for unsafe driving issues, not licensing and insurance issues.
Fixed it for you.

You're right that plate scans only indicate owner...

...although it doesn't take but a generous moment to realize the argument is about how much information the police officer has at their disposal once the driver's license is in hand...the rest is certainly valid.

Hyperbole, really?! I am sure I've not spoken anything that wasn't intended on being taken literally in this thread. I'm sure I've not exaggerated anything. Is it possible you are unaware of the meaning of this term?!

I'll help. Dictionary.com can be your friend.

hy·per·bo·le

 /haɪˈpɜrli/ Show Spelled[hahy-pur-buh-lee]

noun Rhetoric. 1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.

2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

Even there, you might mistake my saying you should go jump into the river as hyperbole. :-)