Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    And you say that because.......?
    Based off your previous posts you are pro-DIBC and anti-NITC. You ask the question with an agenda.

That would be my guess of what he said that.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Based off your previous posts you are pro-DIBC and anti-NITC. You ask the question with an agenda.

That would be my guess of what he said that.
    If you've really read my posts you would know I'm pro-people and anti-bullshit. Unless the NITC is going to take care of the people in Delray as well as the Canada has taken care of their residents on the other side of the water, then I'm not going to support it. I'm never going to view Detroiters as less than and I won't support a plan that treats us as less than.

As far as Moroun goes, I asked a legitimate question. I've stated before that he's not above the law and should be held to the terms of the contract that was signed. MDOT is currently dealing with him in court over the parts of the project that he didn't finish. So when I ask what was accomplished and what's the next course of action, I'm trying to find out what was on the meeting agenda, what was addressed and what are the future plans. So yes, I do have an agenda. Which is to not waste time if it's going to turn into a "Matty Moroun ain't shit" gripe session. With the exception of preaching to the choir, that won't accomplish anything.

If I was interested in simply protesting just for the sake of protesting, I would join those clowns protesting in Downtown.
    Last edited by kraig; October-28-11 at 08:09 AM.

If you've really read my posts you would know I'm pro-people and anti-bullshit. Unless the NITC is going to take care of the people in Delray as well as the Canada has taken care of their residents on the other side of the water, then I'm not going to support it. I'm never going to view Detroiters as less than and I won't support a plan that treats us as less than.
    Interesting. Do you know what DIBC and Matty have done on both sides of the river? Do you know about how Matty and his companies have bought up house after house and left them boarded up to be eyesores for the people that actually live there?

You seem to only be critical of the NITC, and not of Matty or DIBC.

However, one part where I will agree with you is that NITC must be packaged with benefits for Delray. You can't build a bridge through a community without taking care of it.

I'm critical of Matty and the DIBC. But the last time I checked, I didn't recall seeing Matty's name on a ballot. If action is going to be planned, it should be done so targeting those elected officials and governmental agencies that have a responsibility to the public that Moroun and the DIBC don't have. Matty's no good, we all get that. But screaming it to the heavens isn't a damn plan. Taking real action that will cause real change is. So, as they say in boxing, "punch or get out" and as they see in the streets "either shit or get off the pot".

Taking real action that will cause real change is. So, as they say in boxing, "punch or get out" and as they see in the streets "either shit or get off the pot".
    How is this not real action? They successfully brought awareness to their cause. They got media coverage.

It's the same thing that Matty does, except he has dollars to buy commercials, we don't. So protesting and getting media coverage will benefit your cause.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    How is this not real action? They successfully brought awareness to their cause. They got media coverage.

It's the same thing that Matty does, except he has dollars to buy commercials, we don't. So protesting and getting media coverage will benefit your cause.
    Well, when I asked "what was accomplished?" and "what's the next course of action?", I didn't get any answers to those questions. All I received were some fingers and an accusation pointed my way.

So, at the risk of being called disingenuous, again, let me ask this question. What was the message of the cause that the media is now aware of?

I'm critical of Matty and the DIBC. But the last time I checked, I didn't recall seeing Matty's name on a ballot. If action is going to be planned, it should be done so targeting those elected officials and governmental agencies that have a responsibility to the public that Moroun and the DIBC don't have. Matty's no good, we all get that. But screaming it to the heavens isn't a damn plan. Taking real action that will cause real change is. So, as they say in boxing, "punch or get out" and as they see in the streets "either shit or get off the pot".
    Matty Moroun may not be on a ballot, but he is running political ads as much, no more, any politician could dream of. In other words he is doing exactly what you suggest the opponents do, "If action is going to be planned, it should be done so targeting those elected officials and governmental agencies..." by applying money.

A demonstration is the only way those who are not billionaires can achieve the opposition and *it does* target elected officials. It lets them know that voters disapprove of support of the DIBC with its ad campaign exaggerations and falsifications, its buying support groups and lining of campaign coffers. And that before its infamous scofflaw behavior.

The demonstrators do not have the luxury of running an unopposed multimillion dollar ad campaign and funding politicians, so they have to resort to symmetrical warfare. This involves the giving of their time instead of hiring others to do their bidding and is far more genuine as a result.

The WDET report says they are coming back and incrementing the length of the protests with each effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Matty Moroun may not be on a ballot, but he is running political ads as much, no more, any politician could dream of. In other words he is doing exactly what you suggest the opponents do, "If action is going to be planned, it should be done so targeting those elected officials and governmental agencies..." by applying money.

A demonstration is the only way those who are not billionaires can achieve the opposition and *it does* target elected officials. It lets them know that voters disapprove of support of the DIBC with its ad campaign exaggerations and falsifications, its buying support groups and lining of campaign coffers. And that before its infamous scofflaw behavior.

The demonstrators do not have the luxury of running an unopposed multimillion dollar ad campaign and funding politicians, so they have to resort to symmetrical warfare. This involves the giving of their time instead of hiring others to do their bidding and is far more genuine as a result.

The WDET report says they are coming back and incrementing the length of the protests with each effort.
    So it appears that the plan is to protest the one man that has shown repeatedly that he doesn't care what anyone thinks of him? Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. There are two obvious moves that everyone seems to be missing. Which proves the point that Richard was making that too many emotions are involved.

So it appears that the plan is to protest the one man that has shown repeatedly that he doesn't care what anyone thinks of him? Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. There are two obvious moves that everyone seems to be missing. Which proves the point that Richard was making that too many emotions are involved.
    They know that they can't change Matty's mind. What's at stake here is the minds of politicians and the minds of the voting public.

Just as Matty has filled the heads of millions of Metro Detroiters with his half truths and lies, these folks want their opinion heard.

Folks are only getting one side of the story, and that's Matty's. That's because he has money. Well, we don't have money, so the only thing we can do is contact our politicians, tell our friends, hit the message boards, and in this case, organize a community action and reach out to the media to bring awareness.

They're not trying to change Matty's mind; he's a honey badger.