Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I really don't get this reflexive 'angry dude' response at someone calling it Midtown. For the millionth time, you can call it whatever you want, and you're all still right because the Cass Corridor is a part of Midtown. It'd be like someone getting pissed because Greektown is an area within downtown. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    I really don't get this reflexive 'angry dude' response at someone calling it Midtown. For the millionth time, you can call it whatever you want, and you're all still right because the Cass Corridor is a part of Midtown. It'd be like someone getting pissed because Greektown is an area within downtown. Grow up.
    Thank You.

I've always considered everything bounded by Warren, Fisher [[I-75), The Lodge and Woodward as Cass Corridor.

Yet another reason why law abiding folks should be able to conceal carry on campus. Why we keep giving the crimnals a free pass, knowing that the students are not equally armed baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by detroittrader View Post
    I've always considered everything bounded by Warren, Fisher [[I-75), The Lodge and Woodward as Cass Corridor.
    Yup except, I-94 not Warren is considered the north end of it for many old-timers. Hillbillies on the lower end, hippies, students, artists and bohemians on the upper end and pimps and hoes in between. Cass Corridor carries history and meaning. The name Midtown is so bland, uninspired and has almost no meaning. I think that is what burns long time denizens most.

Tempest in a teapot. I am just happy that the entire area is on such a great upswing!

This is becoming a redux of http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/...tml?1202853922

Yep, and the area above that until you get to West Grand Blvd has been known as Midtown... but as others have said the name is not the issue. The increasing CRIME is the first issue!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by detroittrader View Post