Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    ...The prudes of the world perpetuate the very behavior they despise...by shunning those who stumble and fall. When indeed we should be helping everyone back up instead.
    Damn. You sure do have some interesting perspectives on life.

I would add that American puritanism also often creates the very forbiddenness of tempting forbidden fruits. That can backfire.

And no, I'm not in favor of drunk driving. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Damn. You sure do have some interesting perspectives on life.

I would add that American puritanism also often creates the very forbiddenness of tempting forbidden fruits. That can backfire.

And no, I'm not in favor of drunk driving. LOL!

I just see what doesn't work and postulate positive alternatives. It tickles me when they work, even moreso if anyone else ever notices.

Hopefully nobody imagines my take on this as being in favor of driving under the influence, though. That would be the worst illogical conclusion from my words. I merely favor a more compassionate solution than throwing the force of the courts at a person. That only enriches lawyers and insurance agencies...two of the biggest enemies of a free society, as far as I'm concerned. At least two of the greatest profiteers and free-loaders...

...both en force largely due to propogation of fear, as far as I can fathom. Hell, at least the doctors practise and operate under the illusion they're out for our good! LOL...

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; October-25-11 at 04:03 PM.