Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Red Devil Pizza

Eventhough I am sad the RedDevil is gone, We still have plenty of great independant Pizzarias round here.

There was a Stromboli Restaurant on W. Warren and Grandville in Warrendale. Had the best pizza and food. Owned by Joe and Emma Cundari, I believe???? And Linda....Vic's Pizza Bell...what a blast from the past....located on McGraw near Proctor..the pizza was HUGE...a large pizza today is what a small was then...or was that because it looked so BIG with a childs' eyes???? Had my first pizza from there in the early 60's....

I remember Strombolis on Warren, Not that I ever got to eat there. But every time I went by there with my Mom I heard they had great PIZZA back when they were open.
    Last edited by reddog289; June-06-09 at 12:31 AM.

Happy Saturday,
    Mr. Ed's on the I-75 service drive near Nevada had the best square deep dish pizza that I ever had. The original Buddy's on Davison [[?) near Ryan was great also. Are either of them still around?
    Thanks for any up-date.

Quote Originally Posted by misstjohn1 View Post
    Ahhh....Vio's. One of the best gooey, greasy pizza joints in Brightmoor. The grease would just soak thru the paper bags they used. I miss them...
    I soooo miss Vio's, have never found a pizza like it, I use to order a double crust, double cheese, pep and mushroom, would have enough left over for lunch for the week. Best pizza I ever had

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2