I know this "gentleman" has be covered on this site before , but I thought I would start this thread off "fair and balance". After listening to WDET yesterday it seems he got his way with the bridge :-[[ even after an independent group studied and found a second bridge would benefit Detroit, Michigan and the region !
After all of his negative ads and his HEAVY lobbying , it seems at the moment he got his way. He is willing to hold back , Detroit , Michigan , and the entire region just to get his way, even after , Windsor , Ont , and Canada said they they would [[a) front the US their half the money [[b) NEVER ALLOW another bridge near his current bridge , [[c) His horrible track record with the train depot, the state of Michigan over the I 75, with the people of southwest Detroit .
How could this guy EVER say he is a TRUE Detroiter and had Detroit interest in mind? While listening to WDET I was so disappointed to know that someone would be so greedy as to hold back an entire region for his on selfish wants .
I believe this is another huge opportunity lost , just because of some rich millionaire greed . It is sad to know he wouldn't put his selfish greedy needs aside and stand up for the city that has help make him a millionaire several times over .
Any thoughts ?