Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
Well, that is certainly a unique perspective and I respect it. However, as the population of Delray continues to decline, the number of folks to be displaced shrinks as well. If I recall, the highest number of potential people displaced was the low 1,000 - something. These are different days and a different situation than those of your family's, but your skepticism is totally understandable.

I do think that the fact that this is Moroun must be taken into consideration. The greed and the amount of blight this man has caused/contributed to over the years is part of the reason why Delray is what it is today. I do think the situation would be different on this side if it was one of the other very few billionaires with ties to Michigan, though I'm not sure Canada would care either way. Even from a lesser of two evils argument, I'm voting Eminent Domain and hoping that the displaced folks get into better housing in less polluted environs.

Thanks for your take. Sincerely.
" If I recall, the highest number of potential people displaced was the low 1,000 - something."

That's a lot of people getting screwed over.