Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by lukabottle View Post
    I can't watch the videos. Getting a message about copyrights. Is anyone else have this problem? It could be because I am in Canada and they have different copyright laws. Alas, no hulu for me.
    I can't access those videos either. Alway's a day late etc. But to take a [[probably) , 210, in the chest is nothing to cheer about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I can't believe he survived a shotgun to the chest but there are the X-rays to prove it!
    It's believable.

Just search YouTube for "Man with Half a Brain" or "Man with Half a Head." I thought THAT was unbelievable until I saw those YouTube videos and the articles to go along with them.

I watched it earlier today, but cant get it now.

Copyright claims? I thought the website owners were the ones who uploaded it. :|

Ah well, here's the original website link.

http://theberrics.com/aberrican-me/r....html?autoplay

All of you people who are saying "Stricter gun laws" can practice what you preach. I will continue to legally carry to be able to defend mysellf from people who wish to do harm to my famly or others I love. I will also continue to own firearms that I use for hunting. Everyone wants peace but some wish to live in a fantasy world while other choose to live in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    All of you people who are saying "Stricter gun laws" can practice what you preach. I will continue to legally carry to be able to defend mysellf from people who wish to do harm to my famly or others I love. I will also continue to own firearms that I use for hunting. Everyone wants peace but some wish to live in a fantasy world while other choose to live in the real world.
    This is why the "everyone should have gun" side of the story doesn't work for me. If everyone has a gun the line will go, " well he had a gun, he could of used it, but I used mine quicker."

There is a whole 'nother level of responsibility that comes with owning a gun. One I don't want and one that I don't think most could handle.

Quote Originally Posted by adamjab19 View Post
    This is why the "everyone should have gun" side of the story doesn't work for me. If everyone has a gun the line will go, " well he had a gun, he could of used it, but I used mine quicker."

There is a whole 'nother level of responsibility that comes with owning a gun. One I don't want and one that I don't think most could handle.
    Shooting someone without a justifiable reason is MURDER. Shooting someone who pulls a gun on you is SELF-DEFENSE. I believe that most people value their lives and would not quickly threaten another with a gun knowing that they have at best a 50/50 chance to walk away uninjured/alive.

I have had training and a state/federal background check. I have been checked reviewed, tested, etc. in allways other than full body cavity! I also know that it is my hope that the only time I will use my weapon's is when I am in the field hunting or on the range. Anyone who thinks otherwise should not own a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    Shooting someone without a justifiable reason is MURDER. Shooting someone who pulls a gun on you is SELF-DEFENSE. I believe that most people value their lives and would not quickly threaten another with a gun knowing that they have at best a 50/50 chance to walk away uninjured/alive.
    Well yeah, I know the difference between self defense and murder but wouldn't that line get blurred if everyone has a gun? My logic is this: Two people approach each other about some sort of conflict. Since everyone now has a gun these two parties each have a gun. So amidst the argument one person feels threatened and pulls out his gun in self defense. The other person pulls out his gun in self defense and uses it.... To me someone was murdered IN self defense. Or do these two people not argue in the first place because they both have a gun?

Or let's say someone does want to commit murder. They think they are a bad ass and won't get caught afterward and are a pretty good shot. There still will be someone dead at the end of this scenario too but is it more palatable if BOTH parties have a gun instead of the dead person being without a gun?

One more scenario, maybe a little more real. Think of the ghettos now. I can safely assume that there are some areas with a fair amount of people with guns. Has gun violence decreased because more people have guns in those areas?

The only thing more guns would cause would be more gun violence. I also think the values of people would change with the thought of well I have a gun on my side...

The AMERICAN CULTURE can not handle guns now let alone when more guns are out there, legal or illegal, we are a short fused, violent type of culture.

from my cold dead hands.
    End of story.

Stricter laws? Oh yes, then criminals would surely obey them, if only they were stricter.
    What a crock of shit.

Well yeah, I know the difference between self defense and murder but wouldn't that line get blurred if everyone has a gun? My logic is this: Two people approach each other about some sort of conflict. Since everyone now has a gun these two parties each have a gun. So amidst the argument one person feels threatened and pulls out his gun in self defense. The other person pulls out his gun in self defense and uses it.... To me someone was murdered IN self defense. Or do these two people not argue in the first place because they both have a gun?

Or let's say someone does want to commit murder. They think they are a bad ass and won't get caught afterward and are a pretty good shot. There still will be someone dead at the end of this scenario too but is it more palatable if BOTH parties have a gun instead of the dead person being without a gun?

One more scenario, maybe a little more real. Think of the ghettos now. I can safely assume that there are some areas with a fair amount of people with guns. Has gun violence decreased because more people have guns in those areas?

The only thing more guns would cause would be more gun violence. I also think the values of people would change with the thought of well I have a gun on my side...

The AMERICAN CULTURE can not handle guns now let alone when more guns are out there, legal or illegal, we are a short fused, violent type of culture.
    Please do not include me in that culture.

your scenarios are all based on a culture and instance of illegal gun ownership, legal, law abiding citizens that carry, having taken training classes and carrying responsibly, are not just pulling guns out to settle arguements....

your question regarding propegation of guns in the ghetto and asking if they are more safe there is ludacris, if the guns are owned illegally, the motive and reasoning for the use of these guns is moot

legal and responsible ownership of guns is not the problem......

everytime i hear the arguement of banning guns i think of the scene from the Jerk, where the guy is chasing down Navin and trying to kill him with his gun, and Navin jumps a fence that says "no trespassing", and the guy with the gun stops and doesn't go in, and yells at him, "hey, it says no trespassing, what are you doing"........

as if the guy with an illegal gun out to kill someone really cares about ANY law........

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    from my cold dead hands.
    End of story.

Stricter laws? Oh yes, then criminals would surely obey them, if only they were stricter.
    What a crock of shit.
    yup that's why America with some of the loosest gun laws in the world and only 5% of the world's population accounts for 50% of the world's gun deaths. What kind of society would you rather live in?

Quote Originally Posted by runnerXT View Post
    yup that's why America with some of the loosest gun laws in the world and only 5% of the world's population accounts for 50% of the world's gun deaths. What kind of society would you rather live in?
    those statistics are worthless, as 90% of the population has NO access to guns whatsoever

thats like saying as 5% of the worlds population we are accountable for 50% of all the cell phone calls made in the world......

how many beheadings or necklacing is the 5% of the population responsible for?

wow, thats pretty low....

do you know 90% of the recorded necklacing events occured in the southern part of africa? ban tires and gas......

yup totally worthless. America is 5% of the world's population but accounts for 50% of the world's gun deaths. More guns is the solution!

yup totally worthless. America is 5% of the world's population but accounts for 50% of the world's gun deaths. More guns is the solution!

statistics... went right over your head.........

the top 5% of income in the united states pays 58.72% of the income tax in the United States, how do you feel about that?

more tax is the solution!!!!

http://ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html

I have a story here which was told to me earlier yesterday secondhand. Im telling it as I heard it.

A friend of mine Steve, his wife runs the no kill animal shelter in North Hamtown. Last week a guy pushed his way in just as they were closing the door to lock up. Our friend/neighbor Molly had just left after her shift and thankfully was on her way home. The three remaining women employees were told at gunpoint to go in the back room. The vet, a man in his 80s who has his permit and carrie his 45 [[I think it was a 45) was knocked down by the intruder and was being dragged across the floor by the scruff of his shirt. In the scuffle the old vet pulls his piece and shoots the guy dead through the heart. The guy killed, the intruder had been wanted for several rapes and possible murders. Cops have been looking for this guy for quite a while. The cops also have been stopping by the clinic all week to thank him for what he did.

This may seem to go against my idea of stricter gun laws or the idea of just banning all guns together but I felt I should tell this very scary story. I just thank god that Molly and the rest of the crew are okay. I feel for the vet who has now taken a life, something that will probably haunt him the rest of his life even though he knows he was the hero of the year. I cant imagine having to take a life. Kudos to the old Vet.

If we banned all guns today would this happen in 100 years? If they banned all gun making 100 years ago would we still be protecting our homes with musketts? If gunmakers were not let to pump out devices made only to kill other human beings would this incident have happened? The world lets gunmakers create weapons without impunity. Why do we as a supposedly civilized people need to keep making devices made to kill others. Are we not smarter than that? This is not the 1800s.

I personally own several guns passed down to me and have used them to hunt. I took my hunters saftey course at 13 and always respected its power but I think we need to start thinking in a new way.

Fuck a gun.

Personally Id rather see the dead guy doing life in prison rather than dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    your scenarios are all based on a culture and instance of illegal gun ownership, legal, law abiding citizens that carry, having taken training classes and carrying responsibly, are not just pulling guns out to settle arguements....
    well this is the culture that we live in now: illegal guns causing crime. Having MORE LEGAL guns I do not think will solve this problem or change the culture for the better.

well this is the culture that we live in now: illegal guns causing crime. Having MORE LEGAL guns I do not think will solve this problem or change the culture for the better.
    Exactamundo. We are of course not going to solve the gun problem in our lifetime but we should have the common sense to try and look at how our actions today can change tomorrows outcome, next years outcome, the next milleniums outcome. In which way do we want to evolve?

Django,

Do you know if the vet works at the Joseph Campau Vet Clinic near the Anti Cruelty Vet Clinic? If so, I think that was my vet when I lived in Michigan. Wonderful man! He never plans on retiring, only works a few days at the JC Vet Clinic and gives the rest of his time to the anti-Cruelty Vet Clinic.

Im pretty sure its the Anti Cruelty clinic that he works at. Hes somewhere in his mid to late 80s. Its on Jos Campau tough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2