Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
This statement belies your ignorance on the topic. People throw around the term "chemical" without knowing what it is. Water is a chemical. Table salt is a chemical. Chlorophyll is a chemical. Any substance with a homogenous set of physical properties is a chemical.

Also, nearly every chemical is toxic once you reach a certain dosage. You can get water poisoning. Pretty much every vitamin is toxic at a certain level.

Add to that, it's not only the chemical but how it's compounded. Table salt is made up of two incredibly toxic elements - chlorine and sodium. As a compound they are relatively harmless. But your body needs a certain amount to survive.
Oh, do you mean like when two hydrogen atoms combine with one oxygen atom? Or when Na combines with Cl?

Uh, thanks...I learned all of that in high school chemistry just like you did. I don't know if you thought your post would be some exciting new information for me?

Some reading on this subject might be beneficial to you, instead of just deciding that you know the unknown -- the effects of thousands of untested chemicals. That, to me, belies ignorance.

And plenty have been studied and show a clear link to health problems. Just for kicks open your eyes and see what the studies say.

I understand about dosage, and yes, I even know about water poisoning. I'm talking about the cumulative effect of long-term exposure to a seemingly innocuous daily dosage.

An example is the carbonation in pop. When transported on its own, the truck carrying the carbonation is required to display a hazardous material sign. Now, when mixed with the other ingredients in pop, what other ingredient do you suggest neutralizes that hazard? When mixed with caffeine or caramel coloring or corn syrup is suddenly the carbonation no longer hazardous?

And the carbonation in pop is now being linked to esophagus cancer. What I'm saying is that people consume this daily for decades and call it safe, and then don't see the causation when they develop cancer of the esophagus.