Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
Rampant cancer is a combination of a number of things. Our processed foods, the fact that we are living much longer than we use to, and the over use/abuse mentality our culture has [[over eating, smoking too much, drinking too much). However, you can't really pin it on one fact not to mention there is no proof that having these prenatal "toxins" is a cause for predisposed cancer.
The article is about toxins in general, it only briefly mentions prenatal toxins. I agree that cancer being so widespread is a combination of a number of things, including everything you mentioned plus our exposure to so many chemicals. I am not pinning it on one fact.

So yes, the article is bogus and pseudoscience in an attempt to grasp the attention of worried mothers.
from the article:
• Of the 80,000 chemicals permitted in the U.S., the EPA required testing of only 500.
• Every day, 42 billion pounds of chemicals are produced or imported -- we don't know the health risks of 75 percent of them.
It is certainly your right to be so dismissive; I just don't choose to be so close-minded.

Scaring people into believing something that is unproven seems to be the American way.
The irony here is that the safety of these thousands of chemicals is what is absolutely unproven.

My apologies to the original poster for participating in this threadjacking.