Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have yet to see how he has harmed racial relations so since all i saw was heresay and stupidity and people showing their true colors let me invite you all to a nice warm glass of stfu until you can think for yourselves...

smdh

^^Is he your uncle or something?^^

Sheesh.

It's sort of interesting to me that despite the ongoing national downturn, unemployment in Michigan seems to have fallen from 14% to 10% in the past year. I also am seeing help wanted signs around town. When I called Jets pizza yesterday, the automated answering system immediately advertised that they were hiring.

Talked to a Ford manager yesterday, he has 32 open engineering positions he hasn't been able to fill this year, from $60K to $100K+. There's also a shortage of industrial electricians, pipefitters, tool makers and other skilled positions at dozens of suppliers in the Detroit area, paying from $18 to $35/hour.

What there's not much of is high-paying jobs for people with no/low skills. Frankly, if you lack job skills and/or work ethic, you're screwed, it isn't 1955 in Detroit anymore. Get some serious skills or live poor for the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Thanks, Jimaz! Tim Sr. is one of my favorite people.

Stromberg2
    http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/TimConwayJr.html
    Yeah, you can listen live online-he comes on @ 10 PM Detroit time. He leads in to George Noory here[[Noory usually broadcasts from Sherman Oaks, KFI's in Burbank; both in the San Fernando Valley) & they usually chit-chat on-air, often Detroit stuff since Noory was a former Detroiter/WJBK news producer, tonight Tim was sarcastically marveling tonight it was "a good thing those poor underdog Yankees finally won tonight, Detroit's been catching so many breaks lately..."

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    I have yet to see how he has harmed racial relations so since all i saw was heresay and stupidity and people showing their true colors let me invite you all to a nice warm glass of stfu until you can think for yourselves...

smdh
    Stylin, my friend, your post implies that I have been untruthful or, at least, hiding my views. i have never done so. i am conservative, and I do think for myself. I have never pretended to like Jesse Jackson. I was 13 when I asked my Mom what :"Hymietown" meant, having heard Jackson's quote. I made up my mind then that he was not fundamentally a person worth following [[he was running for president when I heard the quote). Nothing in the subsequent decades has changed my mind. And I fully share unpleasant opinions about other public figures who do bad things: Richard Nixon, Tommy Lasorda, Bill Clinton, Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker, Jim McGreevy [[for his extensive political corruption, not his sexuality), Senators Ensign or Bennett, I have never hesitated to criticize in my life. They don't get mentioned here a lot so you haven't seen me reply to it.

My original post was intended to point out the absurdity of getting excited about bumping fists with someone who has so many obvious flaws and so few apparent merits. Had you mentioned nearly anyone else, no reply would have been posted by me. I hope it was merely his celebrity that impresses you. If not, I am curious what else it would be.

^^
    Tommy Lasorda is a fat jerk. How in the hell did he make the HOF so quickly? You would think he was Mr. Baseball with the way he is treated. I've heard he is extremely rude toward folks.

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    ^^
    Tommy Lasorda is a fat jerk. How in the hell did he make the HOF so quickly? You would think he was Mr. Baseball with the way he is treated. I've heard he is extremely rude toward folks.

Stromberg2
    Hey Strom, I don't know much about his HOF fame cred vs other managers, but I do know that he had an openly gay son who died of AIDS, and to this day Lasorda denies his son was gay or died of AIDS. Denying your son's true self, especially as he lay dying, is a superbly shitty thing to do. To spend the next many years rejecting who he was is profoundly insulting to gay folk everywhere [[yours truly included). Sometimes adversity brings out the best in people, sometimes it doesn't. He also-even after his son died- has been known to use the F-word.

^^^^
    Ok, he's way worse than I can even comprehend.

Stromberg2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2