Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

^^^
    So Matty should have his bridge built by the Chinese....imagine the profits!

Stromberg2

MojoRacer Guest

In conjuction with WALLMART

Quote Originally Posted by bobby wobby View Post
    Many Maroun is a great representative for for modern Americas decline, a billionaire who will do anything to get richer. Build the new bridge and use him for part of the foundation,
    Matty Moroun is a Moron. I'm sick of his daily lies that he has paid millions for. The worst slumlord ever known to man.

They better know what they are doing.... San Fransisco has some bad experience with building a bridge in China.

The state of California has saved more than $400 million building this bridge in China instead of the US of A. But here's the problem.

So the $400 million estimated saving is largely a result of cheap Chinese labor. But is that a pure saving? If California and/or the United States have no unemployed workers who could make steel or polish it or do fabrications, then it is a pure saving. But last time I looked both California and the United States have close to 10 percent reported unemployment and closer to 15 percent if we count part time workers who want full time work and those who have become discouraged from even looking for work. Now those unemployed workers get some unemployment compensation and their health care has to be paid for by public means if they can't pay it themselves, and the banks have to repossess their homes when they can't make the mortgage payments, and then states and the Feds have to bail out the banks. I can count way over $400 million in unemployment costs pretty quickly and that's without even considering the downward pressure on all wages in the United States that arises from the import of these low wage products in the midst of high unemployment. I mean, I guess we could have had a cheaper Golden Gate Bridge in 1937 if we had just brought over a bunch of Chinese workers to do the job. But that would have defeated the purpose of building the bridge which was a major project in the effort to cut U.S. unemployment in the midst of the Depression.
    Source.

Also, in Poland a Chinese construction company was in charge of building a motorway ahead of the UEFA European tournament to be held in Poland and the Ukraine. They have been booted from the job for failing quality, financial mayhem and overshooting deadlines. It now looks like the project will not be finished before the tounament.

Back in 2009 the BBC kind of foretold the problems which eventually came.... COVEC [[the Chinese construction company) couldn't could not pay their bills to Polish sub contractors and the work freezed.

Bottomline, it might be cheap to start fabricating everything in China but you really have to wonder what price you pay...
    Last edited by Whitehouse; October-08-11 at 08:53 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2