Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

When will this insanity end?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    No one can deny...that had tis been a City of Detroit employee....this thread would have had 2353465756879690 and 1 responses to it talking about how corrupt bad dirty politicians in the City of Detroit are...

....oh and that their breath stinks too...
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,2939010.story

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    I agree to a point, but she's the one that opened her mouth and decided to defend herself. She didn't do herself any favors by saying she's being attacked because she's a female and personally I found it a little annoying how she referenced that she served in the military and grew up in poverty. She's clearly looking for some sympathy.
    You're right - she handled it about as poorly as one could handle the situation.

Still - it's the county's compensation practices that need to be looked at here. Wonder if the feds are eyeing a possible investigation?

This whole thing has made me change my opinion of the people in Grosse Pointe Shores that want to become part of Macomb County. Good to see Ficano thinks that Wayne County money is pretty much his and his friends version of monopoly money.

Haven't there been rumors for the last few months about Ficano's handling of the money amongst his friends? I know Detroit Uncovered talked about it a few times, and I saw some things on WXYZ, but nothing fully materialized the way other scandals do. I too believe there's more going on here than just poor negotiation skills on Ficano's part. I think he's deliberately setting his friends up with huge paydays and pay raises, just the way it was implied. There's no excuse for this. How do you even fix your mouth [[as my g'ma used to say) to ask in a job discussion for a PAYOUT if you quit or leave your position on your own??? On what planet does this happen? You could potentially do this once a year and be a millionaire several times over, if you continue to find idiots to agree to it. And apparently she got the same deal in her new job - who signed that one? Wonder if the IRS is looking at her? Ficano needs to be taken out for this, not sure how that works, but this is an extreme abuse of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    When will this insanity end?
    It will end when we as a society decide to establish good controls on civil service. I'm all for good-paying jobs, but when bureaucrats decide the pay of other bureaucrats, this is the natural result.

Government workers should not be unionized, nor paid by contract set by their peers in government. They should be hired by the state, under wages scales that are consistent and reasonable and set by law. Not independently bargained wages between one government employee and another, nor between a group of government employees [[union) and another government employee.

Just pay a decent wage -- with decent retirement benefits for those who make it a career.

How convenient...

A former Wayne County executive under fire for netting a $200,000 severance released her employment contract Friday: a one-page, undated letter signed by Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano in which she agreed to a severance of 12-months salary.
    http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...d-Mullin-$200K

Buy American Guest

WXYZ reports that she is giving $200,000.00 back to the taxpayers. I'll bet Ficano is dipping into funds to pay it back and let her keep it. Does he have an interest in her other than professional?

Undated letter, huh? Kinda like that undated loan agreement that Karmanos and the gang produced to support Kwame? Who signs and executes undated contracts? Okay.

Ficano still needs to pay for this disaster, and they need to examine every other contract he had his grimey hands on.

Bryan Duncan Guest

Turkie changes her name to Turkia....hmmmm WHY????

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Duncan View Post
    Turkie changes her name to Turkia....hmmmm WHY????
    Another well thought out contribution to the Detroit Yes Forum......

.Hmmmmmm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2