Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Tom T View Post
    So wait... a person negotiates a contract with the county which includes a nice severance. Both parties agree to it and sign it. Person leaves the job and gets paid the severance as described and agreed to in the contract and the PERSON is the bad guy??

This is blame shifting at its finest here - the county PR people have to be all over this one.

Who is the moron that signed this for the county? Did they not read this document prior to signing it? Business practices need to be looked at here, not the fact that a person got paid what was contractually obligated.
    I agree to a point, but she's the one that opened her mouth and decided to defend herself. She didn't do herself any favors by saying she's being attacked because she's a female and personally I found it a little annoying how she referenced that she served in the military and grew up in poverty. She's clearly looking for some sympathy.

Good for her. I totally back Turkia Mullin 100%

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    I agree to a point, but she's the one that opened her mouth and decided to defend herself. She didn't do herself any favors by saying she's being attacked because she's a female and personally I found it a little annoying how she referenced that she served in the military and grew up in poverty. She's clearly looking for some sympathy.
    You're right - she handled it about as poorly as one could handle the situation.

Still - it's the county's compensation practices that need to be looked at here. Wonder if the feds are eyeing a possible investigation?