Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A few questions regarding these properties;

What ever happened with this situation?
    Is the Management company as bad as the reviews say they are for the rental units?
    Is the management company the same for the units that you purchase?
    What type of association fees are due for the purchased units?
    Anyone have first hand experience living on the property?

Quote Originally Posted by 313rd View Post
    A few questions regarding these properties;

What ever happened with this situation?
    Is the Management company as bad as the reviews say they are for the rental units?
    Is the management company the same for the units that you purchase?
    What type of association fees are due for the purchased units?
    Anyone have first hand experience living on the property?
    I use to work there and I can tell you "Management" is a mess, no type of structure, very rude and ignorant towards their residents, guests and employees. Poor maintenance, I think bribery is going on and alot of "under the table" situations in there. The poor rating are TRUE, they need to get rid of them, nothing but ladies running it, which I think it's very sexes, bias and racist.

Security is a major concern there, and bed bugs. My bike was stolen, cars stolen and broken into everyday. So many associate fees and policies it's ridiculous, you be paying almost $400 on top of your rent.

Did they ever get a handle on that bed bug problem at the Riverfront Park?

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Did they ever get a handle on that bed bug problem at the Riverfront Park?
    NO, not at all. They say its up to the renter/leaser to take care of that. I'm telling you, the residents are pissed.

Didn't I read somewhere that JoAnn Watson moved into the
    Riverfront?

Ive been out of town the last 3 years. Has the Marina been open the last couple of years?

No, the marina is still down and yes Ms. Watson lives there right along several other councils and of course Bobby Ferguson too.

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    NO, not at all. They say its up to the renter/leaser to take care of that. I'm telling you, the residents are pissed.
    I sold bedbug removal supplies to Riverfront multiple times this year, as recent as the 5th of this month. Just throwing that out there.

Off topic but I have sold these supplies now to just about every multi-housing outfit in the metro area. From the ghettohoods to the exurbs.

My cousin who was about 24 at the time was one of the first tenants in Rivertown, he worked as a stock broker. I was jealous, I had just graduated and couldn't afford them.
    I think that the Riverfront made a bad move going condo and selling the units. So maybe they were affected like all real estate market by the downturn.
    And, I hang out on occasion at the Signature Bar, the restaurant in the complex, good food and karaoke on Thursday.

No, the marina is still down and yes Ms. Watson lives there right along several other councils and of course Bobby Ferguson too.
    Oh so the self-appointed voice of the 'hood, Mother Watson, is living in a fortress. Isn't that interesting! How can you know what's going on in the streets if you can't even get to the street? Guess once they upped her taxes from $68.00 to normal astronomical Detroit levels she left her place in Russell Woods. Wonder what happened to that. Walk away? Torch it for insurance money? Flop house maybe? What a bitch.

Well that explains the bedbugs.....

Tell us how how you really feel, Poobert!Stromberg2

Shared an elevator ride in tower 100 w/councilwoman Watson the night of the August Primary. Knew she was on city council but couldn't remember her name. I really wanted to tell her off, LOL.

I had a friend who lived in numerous apts in Tower 100 from 2005-September 2012. I was over at his place 3-4 times a week on average. Never had any issues with cars being broken into, stolen, etc. They have security guards walk the parking structure. The place is like Fort Knox IMO and the gatehouse is ridiculously strict. If they cannot get a hold of a tenant they will not let you in. As for the bed bugs, my buddy never had any issues but it is a big building. I will say this though, Tower 200 and 300 are much nicer. Tower 100 needs renovation it's showing it's age. When the current owners took over a year or so ago I saw major changes being made and actual maintenance being done! So much so my buddy[[who is kinda off in space for the most part) commented on noticing. Personally I wouldn't live there though, too isolated, too suburban and not very walkable.

what will it take to dissolve the DEGC and replace it with something more progressive..

Default What's the problem with the condo board?

I'm trying to figure out why it takes so long to approve would be renters of owned units. If a person has a great credit score and no criminal background, what's the hold up? I would think people would want good tenants to move in rather than driving them insane with maybes on move in dates.

Quote Originally Posted by 5speedz34 View Post
    Shared an elevator ride in tower 100 w/councilwoman Watson the night of the August Primary. Knew she was on city council but couldn't remember her name. I really wanted to tell her off, LOL.

I had a friend who lived in numerous apts in Tower 100 from 2005-September 2012. I was over at his place 3-4 times a week on average. Never had any issues with cars being broken into, stolen, etc. They have security guards walk the parking structure. The place is like Fort Knox IMO and the gatehouse is ridiculously strict. If they cannot get a hold of a tenant they will not let you in. As for the bed bugs, my buddy never had any issues but it is a big building. I will say this though, Tower 200 and 300 are much nicer. Tower 100 needs renovation it's showing it's age. When the current owners took over a year or so ago I saw major changes being made and actual maintenance being done! So much so my buddy[[who is kinda off in space for the most part) commented on noticing. Personally I wouldn't live there though, too isolated, too suburban and not very walkable.
    I see nothing wrong with security not letting people in when they can't locate the tennant. I lived in a building like that downtown and I was glad that they did that. If a tenant is expecting a visitor they would be at home. If they're not ...oh well.

They knew me on a first name basis; my friend had fallen asleep. I have no problem with them using their discretion but in this situation it was a little silly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2