Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by nain rouge View Post
    Agreed, Wheels! Which is why I can't figure out why they would have kicked her family out. Her address, we believe, was 198 Gerald.

it looks like there is a guy in a purple jump suit soaking up the sun on one of those roofs

Nope, that's just playground equipment .

BTW, the film Highland Park, starring Danny Glover, was finished this year. It's about a Highland Park resident that wins the lottery and tries to restore McGregor Library. I want this thing to get released so bad, but there still doesn't seem to be a date set. It could bring some real national attention to the city and the help it needs. Seriously, is there a more potent symbol than Highland Park, the home of the now rundown Model T factory that once changed the nation?

Shollin Guest

Didn't the Model T factory extend all the way to manchester where the Model T Plaza is now? I take it they demolished part of the plant to make room for the plaza. Also, wasn't there a Sears across the street?

Yes on both.

Attachment 14307

I've been looking for pictures of the old Highland Park Masonic Temple on E. Buena Vista with no success. Are their pictures available anywhere online ? I'm guessing the main Detroit Public Library and the State of Michigan Library in Lansing probably has something.

Shollin Guest

When did Sears close? For some reason I recall going there in the late 70's or possibly early 80's.

Nain Rouge ... great thread. Love those family stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    When did Sears close? For some reason I recall going there in the late 70's or possibly early 80's.
    It was still open in the 80's.

http://www.detroityes.com/today/05sears.htm

If you want to show your appreciation for this thread, go to Red Hots in Highland Park the next time you're there. It's still owned by the same family that opened it back in 1921, and the food is as high of quality as ever. The restaurant itself is full of historic pictures chronicling its past.

I mean, check out their story on their website
    . How could you not love these people?

Note: Red Hots is more of a breakfast/lunch place, so you want to get there in the morning or early afternoon.

Default Victors dogs

If you want to show your appreciation for this thread, go to Red Hots in Highland Park the next time you're there. It's still owned by the same family that opened it back in 1921, and the food is as high of quality as ever. The restaurant itself is full of historic pictures chronicling its past.

I mean, check out their story on their website
    . How could you not love these people?

Note: Red Hots is more of a breakfast/lunch place, so you want to get there in the morning or early afternoon.
    Love them. I was lucky to be introduced about 20 years ago. I've given that gift to as many people as I can. Please patronize them, they are good people and the chili is awsome.

BTW, the film Highland Park, starring Danny Glover, was finished this year. It's about a Highland Park resident that wins the lottery and tries to restore McGregor Library.

With Parker Posey as HP's Mayor?

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/movie/highland_park/

superduperman Guest

I heard it was an old Indian burial ground and at night you can see......

I'm going to Red Hot's as soon as I can.

I love funky businesses in out the way places ... a couple feet off Woodward.

29-31 Stevens c. 1913-14, when my grandfather worked for Edward Gray, Ford's chief engineer for the Highland Park plant- this home still stands-
    Name:  Highland Park home smaller.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  83.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by xdet View Post
    29-31 Stevens c. 1913-14, when my grandfather worked for Edward Gray, Ford's chief engineer for the Highland Park plant- this home still stands-
    Name:  Highland Park home smaller.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  83.5 KB
    Great pic !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2