For years, John Conyers has been my representative in Congress and I don't think I have never seen him in my neighborhood, I have rarely seen any literature from him and I can't see the accomplishments that he brought to the 14th district. I am not saying that he isn't a good legislator but that he has been out of sight, out of mind for years. His name alone is what gets him elected over and over. It is like scene from The Distinguished Gentleman when Jeff Johnson played by Eddie Murphy ran that commercial that said; "Jeff Johnson, the name you know" and Conyers have played the same scenario over and over. We know his name so we vote for him and Mr. Conyers goes to Washington over and over.

Now that Conyers is moving to the new 13th district, according to this News story http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...369/1408/local Conyers is vulnerable. At 82 years old, Conyers should consider retirement not because he is old but that he comes from a different generation. Same with Dingell but that's for another thread, this is about Conyers. New young blood is needed. We have radicals going to Washington and the last thing we need is old soldiers fighting them with sling-shots. John Conyers has been in Washingon since 1965. It is time for Mr. Conyers to think about the future.