Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

No DetroitPlanner, I don't think it would have been just trees in 1900, but thanks for the help. :/

where it says 'Rifles, Diamonds, Loans' it has been re-opend to have windows. and it looks great. They treated the arched windows well, either they had custom arches made or the upper sashes are high enough to extend above the arch - which a lot of developers screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    No DetroitPlanner, I don't think it would have been just trees in 1900, but thanks for the help. :/
    You wanted to see what it looked like in its original state. I am fairly sure that park of the city had a coniferous landscape!

I was thinking more about this last night and those trees are not in thier original state. that area was logged over and during FDR's adminstration the CCC planted those trees hence they have a regular spacing.
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; September-21-11 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks DHabitater, I imagine it had a nice cornice around the top originally. Can wait to see what Phil does with it.

We got Chevrolet willing to invest a few million dollars into Michigan and Trumbull to fix up the field, and another $3.8 Million from the Old Tiger Stadium conservancy. I figure about $6 Million dollars to re do the entire field at Tiger Stadium and pay for ongoing maintaince for years to come, yet the city and DEGC will only let them spend the money if its NOT on Tiger Stadium.

The old Tiger Stadium site has the potential to become a shining jewell in Corktown...

Fuck you George Jackson!

I agree whole heartedly

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I hear its going to be a Cheesecake factory. Possibly a House of Blues!
    Are you sure it's not an ESPN Zone?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Are you sure it's not an ESPN Zone?
    Might be... or a Planet Hollywood or an All-Star Cafe!

any update pictures on this place?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2