Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    I worked with a great older guy who drove a CV. He said it was annoying because folks always thought he was the police. So they'd always slow waaaaaay down just as he was hustling to get to work, or pretty much anywhere!
    When I was in college [[73-77), I worked summers for the state of New Jersey. At the time, every vehicle operated by the state was a Chrysler product [[Chrysler must have given them a hell of a deal), mostly all Plymouth Gran Furys. Once a week I got to take a day to drive some materials from Trenton to the northern part of the state, most often in a Gran Fury from the department pool. Now pretty much nobody in NJ at the time bought Gran Furys, so when people saw me coming up behind them they all thought I was an unmarked state cop. I thought it was pretty cool, because they always slowed down and pulled to the right, giving me an unimpeded path.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinary View Post
    I almost had a tear in my eye as I read the eulogy.
    I made my [[then aged 19) daughter buy an '89 Marquis. I told her, "You were born in '89 and this car was built in '89. That's perfect." She balked at first but she named him Wally and they became good friends. I told her that someday she would look back and say that Wally was the best car she ever had. She doesn't believe me.
    Once she gets stuck driving some econo-box around, she'll see it. One of the most comfortable cars, especially for long trips I've had the pleasure of sitting in.

A friend of mines dad helped put together Wally. Funny thing is, he never wanted a cv/gm while he worked there. Proabably had enough of seeing them for an entire shift. =-) After he retired, he got himself an '87. Myself, I've got an '89mgm.

Alex.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2