Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

"At this point it's put up or shut up."

I agree. I wish the Marouns would shut up already. Canada's never going to allow them to build a second bridge. What part of never don't they understand?

Stephen Henderson: Report exposes bridge owner's lies

...Anderson's study reveals these as monstrous prevarications. Anderson confirms that the public bridge, now called the New International Trade Crossing, will be financed with money from the Canadian government and revenue bonds. The U.S. General Services Administration would pay for a new inspections plaza.

And the money would be repaid with toll revenues backed by the Canadian government and the bond lending institution. Liability for taxpayers is assessed by Anderson as as "Limited; risk rests with the Canadian government and/or bond underwriting institution[[s)."

Moreover, NITC would actually help fund other road projects in Michigan because the federal government has agreed to use the Canadian contribution to the bridge as state matching money for $2.2 billion in federal highway funds. Given Michigan's lousy record on gas tax revenues and other local road funding, it's fair to guess that building the bridge may be the only way many vital road projects have a prayer of getting the money they will need to be completed...
    http://www.freep.com/article/2011092...text|FRONTPAGE

Hey Kraig, take a look at the above article and see the truth behind what we say, and the lies behind what Matty says.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    There's an article in today's paper that states the same thing. But, none of that is being presented in writing and no one has been able to produce real details on it. .
    What? It's not being presented in writing? It's been reported in multiple places: Crain's, MLive, the Free Press, among others, and discussed publicly by Snyder and the Lt. Governor. You want the Federal Department of Transportation to write you a personal letter or something?
    Last edited by Melocoton; September-20-11 at 10:34 PM. Reason: misspelling

Maroun is a bonafide conman with supposed ties to you know who . He has always gotten his way, usually with money , or bullying , or most often, both. He cares nothing for what he destroys and everything for what he can gain monetarily. He has destroyed the neighborhood under the bridge on Indian Road in Windsor, [[ which was once a wonderful owner /rental/student area) and thankfully the windsor/cdn government has decided NOT to play ball with him. His commercials are so inaccurate , misleading and downright wrong its quite nauseating. I guess they think they can play typical detroit ese and brainwash everyone as they assume everyone is stupid, The CDN govt is not , for one and hopefully everyone on this side is not either. He is a crying bully now, trying everything he can to get his way one last time..Hopefully , he does not..

Quote Originally Posted by Melocoton View Post
    What? It's not being presented in writing? It's been reported in multiple places: Crain's, MLive, the Free Press, among others, and discussed publicly by Snyder and the Lt. Governor. You want the Federal Department of Transportation to write you a personal letter or something?

If you closely examine it you'll see that the papers are reporting what people are saying. If you also take time to research it, you'll see that at least one credible news source, Crain's, has been objective enough to ask questions about the details of what has been said by both sides. Something which the Free Press and News have not done. And MLive doesn't even rate as a credible news source. So please don't count them.

As far as a personal letter from FDOT. As highly as I think of myself [[Laughing), I don't think I rate high enough for a personal letter. But, if you've had the opportunity to check things out, you'll see that the details of how things will work has not been presented to the legislative committee. Which would really go a long way in getting the NITC approved.

Like I've stated before, Matty is full of crap. But him being full of it doesn't give the government a free pass. At least not to me and I have the right to question and scrutinize. The same way that you have the right to accept what is being told to you at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2011092...text|FRONTPAGE

Hey Kraig, take a look at the above article and see the truth behind what we say, and the lies behind what Matty says.
    Apparently, you didn't notice the very first thing that Henderson said. "It doesn't say so in explicit terms". Which means this was Henderson's interpretation and not a bonafide fact. If you read the report for yourself you'll see that the Anderson Group didn't condemn either proposal and that their report wasn't intended to address the commercials by Maroun, but, was done to compare what was presented by both parties. You'll also see that the Anderson Group noted that there was a lack of information being presented from the NITC, as well as, Maroun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3