Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

"The funds used for NITC can't be used to fix local roads."

That's bullshit. Pure bullshit. MDOT funds are supposed to be used to fix local roads that are under their purview. In fact, for the past 6-8 years we've lacked matching funds that could have been used to receive federal funds to fix our roads because MDOT had a significant portion of its budget dedicated just for the DRIC study alone.
    So you're saying, that on a state level, that state and federal funds have been misspent? Or, that federal funds are not allocated to us to what we pay out?

Post a link on what you are postulating about.

The Senate version of the upcoming fiscal 2011 MDOT budget also contains language on the Detroit River International Crossing, the proposed publicly owned bridge between Detroit and Windsor.
    Under the state's current fiscal 2010 budget, MDOT can spend no more than $2.5 million on preliminary work related to DRIC, and the department had to submit a traffic study to the Legislature by May 1.

Source: http://www.allbusiness.com/governmen...#ixzz1Y3qMmLVM

I have not searched the updates yet because I had heard the DRIC would cost no taxpayers monies to build and I knew that was true because I had read it somewhere

I would be curious as to how much taxes one would have to pay to the state to own the largest trucking company, road tax? etc.
    Everything else aside I would think anybody that pays taxes would have a right to voice their opinion good bad or indifferent if not a civic duty to oppose what they see wrong.