Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
I'm with you on a lot of that, Steve, and it does seem like a bit of Tiger Stadium flavor could have been "fused into" Comerica. I'm not sure how, but still, yeah.
I will testify that one of the strongest impressions left on me, from a trip to Comerica about one month ago, is in total accord with your remark on the loudspeakers. But, that is in keeping with current style, and if Tiger Stadium was still open, the same thing would be going on there. Every available moment of in-betweenitude was immediately, and thoroughly, filled with sound; everything from legitimate announcements to pop "music" to Just Plain Noise. It was utterly obnoxious and I have to say that it was a sore point, for me. Every time I thought I might be able to have a brief interlude of conversation with my companion while nothing was going on on-field, not a single word left my mouth before they released the audial hounds. Totally fuckin' irritating. I realize that many of the younger crowd are uncomfortable with quietness and flatly abhor silence in a way similar to the nature-vacuum relationship, but goddam, enough awready.

Perhaps this is what the low level hum sounds like? Maybe it's the source!

Steve Bennet - I don't think Comerica Park was designed for people who really like the game of baseball.