Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

In reference to domestic calls, if police see any evidence that a battery has taken place they have to make an arrest.

As far as outside police not knowing the people, it's stated in the article that the majority of deputies are former Pontiac policemen/woman.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    In reference to domestic calls, if police see any evidence that a battery has taken place they have to make an arrest.
    Thanks for the insight.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    As far as outside police not knowing the people, it's stated in the article that the majority of deputies are former Pontiac policemen/woman.
    I wondered about that allegation in the article, because it wasn't necessarily attributed to anybody. And the quote from Elam, which is actually attributed, would seem to suggest that the deputies really didn't know the community, and vice-versa.

Elam: "I'm greatly encouraged by what I have seen already, but I would like to see more on the community side: meet and greet, that type of thing, where people get to know each other on a first-name basis."