Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default This is how you eventually get regionalism.

I never really understood why Metro Detroit/Southeast Michigan is so addicted to their structure of inefficient fiefdoms when we could cooperate and have so much more to gain. I also was fortunate of to spend 6 years of my life at U-D Jesuit, so I guess I just thought everyone else saw it the same way.

From the Craig Fahle show on WDET:

Southeast Michigan has long been known as one of the most segregated regions in the nation. And nowhere is this more apparent than in the school systems that dot Metro Detroit. But there is a school in Detroit that turns this idea on its head…attracting students from more than 30 communities. As part of a series about people and institutions working to bring the Metro region together, WDET’s Noah Ovshinsky reports on a school that is seeing a level of popularity it hasn’t seen in decades.
    GO CUBS!
    Last edited by corktownyuppie; September-12-11 at 01:54 PM.