Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Does anyone under the age of 65 with two good legs actually use this thing?
    By the time you get your token and wait for the PM you can get to almost anywhere along the track by walking there.
    I do, with my kids. They love it, and I think it is much safer for them than walking across all of the intersections.

It seems they only raised the fare 25 cents to 75 cents. I guess the extra quarter would have scared off some riders.

I can see some of the benifits to the PM, especially in bad weather situations.

It's been a long time since I've been on it, does it still stop at every stop regardless of whether there are people there or not? I wonder if there's some sort of technology that could eliminate these stops.

Why play games with the price and raise it to 75 cents? Just move it up to a buck.
    Usually I'm not one to criticize government for keeping the price down, but 50 cents for over 20 years was quite a bargain.

I used to use the People Mover semi-regularly when I lived downtown. A fare increase seems reasonable. Hell, they doubled the price of a daily paper and they've gopt maybe half the content they used to. At least it's the same ol' People Mover service.