Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Just wanted to chime in on how awesome the Mayor is. When we lived in Hamtramck, we would see her at different events - dancing, talking, and hanging out with the residents of the city. She shows that she really cares about the city, and enjoys living there also! We loved living there, it was the only place we have lived where we felt like real city living. You can walk to the grocery store, the bank, and the post office. We did notice the issue with litter. My father [[who lived in Hamtramck when i was growing up), once was so upset with always picking up the trash on his street he picked up all the trash from the neighbors and dumped it on their front porch! It seems to be a cultural difference , but that really should be no excuse. Show resect for your property, and your neighbors.

Mayor Majewski, with leaders like you at the helm I am quite sure the city of Hamtramck has a bright future!

I'll send you an email to do my 'squeaky-wheeling' privately.

Thanks, Hamtown. To top it off, I see by the police report there was some kind of incident on your street yesterday.

My wife and I "patrolled" your street on our bicycles yesterday. We saw your house. And, what is the story behind the house with the sort of square turret and windows? It has new siding on the front, and and old eviction notice on the door. It is empty. I looked in the front window and the front room were very small. That is the old fashioned way of doing things. So, my guess is that despite the somewhat impressive exterior, the interior has never been updated in any way. I also notice the attic window on the roof is on a bit of a slant, like it is melting into the roof. I was just curious if you had ever been inside.

Not aware of any police actions on the street on Sunday, but it's possible.

Oddly a confused and disheveled guy came to my front door asking for "...the cat food, lots of cat food, because D*&%# said she was getting evicted and there was lots of cat food to be had."

I told him that D*&%# [[one of the trouble makers) lived next door. Could this be true?

Hooray for the mayor...

Also, the Hamtown Fest was awesome this weekend, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    I guess your word means nothing anymore....the decline of morals in society today amazes me.
    Usury is so moral.

Just an update... Last night the basement flooded for the 3rd time in just under a year. Hurray for human waste!!!

Just think, I only need to pay a 1% income tax for an in-home swimming pool! Jealous?

hamtown mike, do you have a check valve installed at your drain in the basement? I suppose you do have one and that the water and sewage comes up anyway. Do you also have an auxiliary sump pump?

Just got the list of streets set for repair starting this coming spring. Your street is on it, hamtown mike. Can't take any credit for this, myself, but I'm glad to see it. Also Hewitt [[which badly needs it) and a handful of others. Don't want to give the whole list, because I suppose it could still be amended between now and when it goes out to bid this fall.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3