Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ravine Guest

That Astro place is in a bad location, too far off the beaten path for a coffee place. They may be getting some attention, right now, but sustaining [[AAAAIIIEEEEEGGGHHH!!!) it could be very difficult.
    Slows is one thing, but folks making a special trip to get to a coffee joint is a lot less likely.
    Good Luck to them, though; I do love coffee, and coffee joints can be nice hang-outs,if one is into hanging out.

hey! its my first post!!!
    I dunno if its a bad location, but every saturday before going to eastern market, i pick up my friend from hubbard farms and we stop there for a coffee - - which is wonderful, and theres always a line of people! my friend changed her mind about hot coffee and asked if she could get some ice, and the guy behind the counter wouldn't do it because the coffee wouldn't taste as good as if it were prepared iced, so he let her keep her hot coffee and made her a new iced one on the house! pretty good since the coffee's like 4 bucks..

They did it again this morning. I am once again grinnin' like a cheshire cat...

My first time having a contrasting experience in one morning...not a blind or double-blind taste test by any means...but I was heading to Kroger in the Village for some yogurt and water, and saw a friend going into Starbucks across the street. Put an extra quarter in the meter, and went in to hang out for a while.

Bought a double-espresso...half of my usual dosage from there, back when I was a regular.

What a difference. Every sip of the Kenyon fresh pour that Astro made me was a tastebud party. The non-chocolate cake I had with it was simply amazing, too. Not sure what it was, some pineapple yogurt thing...but there was only one piece left after mine, so even if you rush you won't find it today.

The espresso from Starbucks was as much a chore to drink as it always was, only now I'm not covering the bitterness with honey, so it was more apparent. The Astro coffee was smoother, with a more complete taste...very complex and enjoyable.

So yeah, they'll get as much of my business as I can give them. Three cheers for Astro Coffee!

I'll drink to that.

Sincerely,
    John

I'd love to be able to stop in before work, but they open a little too late for that. This is a coffee shop that's not catering to the workingman!

Yeah, at least not the early birds...doors open at 7:30, promptly...at least the two times I helped them open, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Yeah, at least not the early birds...doors open at 7:30, promptly...at least the two times I helped them open, heh.
    Exactly when I start work, unfortunately. I used to live in the Toledo area and there's a restaurant people rave about...that's only open weekdays from 7:00am-2:30pm. How can anyone find time to make it there unless you work next to the place?

That's not to say I'm complaining. If I owned an eatery, I'd love to work only typical business hours.

Went there for the first time and I must say it's one of the best cups of coffee I've ever had. Check it out you won't be disapointed.

I love the atmosphere there. It's not on my regular path, but the 3-4 times I've been there, I have enjoyed it greatly.

I'd say I'd love to see an Astro Coffee Midtown -- but it wouldn't be the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2