I was driving into town on Mack this evening, when I noticed a bunch of flashing red and blue lights. There were four cars pulled over...and officers busy writing tickets.

A moment later, I realized the source...a cruiser in the back of the McDonald's parking lot at Conner, with the HOOD propped open as distraction...and an officer with a laser speed detector clocking everyone coming down the overpass north of the Chrysler plant.

The city made some money tonight, I'm certain. Most people FLY over that bridge...and for fun, while driving home just before midnight...I set my cruise control at exactly 30 mph. The free-wheeling overdrive automatic transmission did nothing to brake my downhill acceleration to 35...so I wonder if they gave any leeway for that.

I know the GPP cops don't offer anything over 30 mph once you cross Alter...and seem to especially target those who live on the 'other' side of the border. They just love to squat in the line of cars outside Mama Rosa's and those bars along that strip.

Mack is an unfriendly road...kinda like a demiltarized zone, everyone gets it bad if they get out of line.

Watch your leadfeet...

Cheers,
John