Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    One issue I can see is when the gang punks and drug fools start dumping bodies in these hulks and torching them. Nobody searches, nobody finds the body, no evidence.

Another issue would be squatters or homeless using it for shelter. Nobody knows they're in there so nobody goes looking.

This is a very very valid point.

Just breath deep when they are burning ,old lead paint and asbestos fibers burning and the smoke settling on cars and the ground then going into the water supply when it rains ,good thing no small children or food is grown in Detroit.Poster child for the EPA.

"Breathe deep the gathering gloom...."
    -- Moody Blues
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Just breath deep when they are burning ,old lead paint and asbestos fibers burning and the smoke settling on cars and the ground then going into the water supply when it rains ,good thing no small children or food is grown in Detroit.Poster child for the EPA.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    -- Moody Blues
    LOL Thanks for the correction, proof positive of the long term effects of lead on ones brain,either that or from listening to the Moody Blues and Doors in the preferred state of mind back in the days .

Hah! I was a listener of the Doors and MB without using drugs... perhaps that's worse! LOL!
    LOL Thanks for the correction, proof positive of the long term effects of lead on ones brain,either that or from listening to the Moody Blues and Doors in the preferred state of mind back in the days
    -- Moody Blues
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-25-11 at 09:00 PM.

Agreed that there would be difficulty determining if a structure meets all the criteria, especially whether one is completely abandoned. However, after the 2008 death of firefighter Walter Harris while responding to a fire in an abandoned home [[later determined to be arson), I think DFD may be making life-saving decisions in some cases. On a personally selfish note, I have a relative that is a Detroit Firefighter and I would not want him to needlessly be put in danger.

Just my 2 cents.

Default Let me get this straight...

Cops and Firefighters can decide when they have to do their jobs or don't?

DetroitPole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paintnprint View Post
    Cops and Firefighters can decide when they have to do their jobs or don't?
    Can I decide not to pay my taxes now that they've let us know its official that the city isn't going to do anything anymore?

old lead paint and asbestos fibers burning.
    I don't think you have to worry about asbestos burning, since the reason it was used was the fact it doesn't burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    I don't think you have to worry about asbestos burning, since the reason it was used was the fact it doesn't burn.
    You are correct ,the danger comes from the heat plume blowing the fibers into the air,you will not see them but they will kill you.

Will the city remove the heap of ash, charred bricks and remaining sooted wood etc. any faster than they are removing other heaps of refuse...?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    I'd be more concerned about burning PVC and other plastics [[vinyl siding, etc.).