Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Does anyone else get that I inferred in any way that I am involved in any law business?

Wow.

Because I understand what 'nolo contendere' means? Heck, I learned that in twelfth-grade Street Law!

Funny thing, you insist I do things your way in order to not appear lazy...and now I'm making excuses for not being the hero. You are quite the piece of work.

Clinton was the closest we ever got to having a politician admit to smoking cannabis. When he said he didn't inhale, I realized that he was either the stupidest guy ever to achieve the presidency [[remembering he was pre-W, who lowered the bar considerably)...or the craftiest. Knowing what I do about his involvement in Mena with W's daddy's cocaine importing business, I'd say he was the craftiest...and that very fact is what may have gotten him into that seat. They 'gave' him the post to keep his mouth shut.

In America, in my lifetime, there has never been an honest election. I was born six days after JFK was shot, which was a coup that has been in place ever since. Many of the co-conspirators held the highest office in the land ever since. The three democrats 'allowed' to hold the post have been scapegoats, largely. Put in place to suffer the backlash from the excesses done during the republican administrations. It is just a game they play...the two sides are of the same damn coin. It is bullshit.

As is your stance on this issue. <sigh> AND the only action you can see to right it. Nah, I'll continue my path, educating individuals...one at a time. The first lesson is always free...LOL!

Cheers,
    John

yea i want that building.

wasn't this building at one time a kick-ass after hour joint years ago...with a separate bar on three floors?

I think you're remembering one in the Rivertown district...with the car elevator?!

The big house across the street to the north was an afterhours up until about a year ago.

I think things like this are a waste of time and resources, but seeing that is owed by a scumbag speculator; I'm hoping that they tie him in to this and send his ass up the river.

Christine MacDonald/ The Detroit News

Detroit —An east side warehouse where police busted an $18 million marijuana-growing operation Wednesday is owned by a prominent suburban land speculator, property records indicate.
    Matt Tatarian, a Beverly Hills investor whose family owns a prominent food wholesaler, has the deed to 3631 Chene, a nondescript three-story building surrounded by barbed wire that neighbors say reeked of marijuana.
    "They had it locked up tight," said Mena Riser, who works at the barbershop next door, Black Bottom Cuts. "There was very little traffic. You would just see them early in the morning or late at night."
    "It smelled like weed. When it rained, it really smelled."
    Records show Tatarian and his now ex-wife bought the 7,600-square-foot building from the city of Detroit in 1996 for $1,000. He and his longtime partner, Michael G. Kelly of Grosse Pointe Woods, were highlighted in a series of articles this year by The Detroit News about the city's battles with land speculators

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110826/...#ixzz1WLmlLIRk
    Last edited by MSUguy; August-28-11 at 02:05 PM.

Tatarian is a slimeball to be sure, but this is still a gigantic waste of time and resources. As is pretty much all of the "war on drugs," of course, but the "war" on cannabis is particularly idiotic.

As for those who say folks should organize and act democratically - where the hell were you when the people of the State of Michigan did organize and overwhelmingly pass a referendum on this very question? That's why a lot of us [[even those of us who pretty much never partake like me) are extremely unhappy with the latest turns of events.

Why is Tatarian a "slimebag"?

BTW, hes a Detroiter, Im not sure about Mike Kelly, I think he does reside in the burbs. Most of the Tatarian family lives in Detroit. One runs a food distribution service that caters to all soirts of businesses not just the jails, another brother owns a popular clothing store here in the city.

He buys cheap property at auction and re sells it, whats the problem? Maybe Im missing something.

In what ways isn't he a slimeball? He and Kelly use their connections and insider information to buy properties from the city and county at foreclosure auctions, strategically buying those properties nearest to already government-owned or non-profit owned land.

They have no interest whatsoever in improving these properties or the city's neighborhoods, or in renovating or rehabbing the buildings they buy so people can actually move into them. Instead they put no money into the properties beyond what they paid for them [[except for the ones they can use as pot warehouses and annoyingly loud and illegal after-hours joints) and allow their properties to sit vacant and increasingly dilapidated and blighted while they try to hold up the city, county, and non-profits engaged in actual neighborhood development to meet their outrageously inflated price. When that hasn't worked, they put together "first-time homebuyer" seminars to convince people to buy their uninhabitable properties in order to scam the federal government out of the homebuyer tax credit and split the proceeds with them.

Pretty much meets my definition of slimeball in every respect.

And he doesn't live in Detroit according to the article cited. He lives in Beverly Hills.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    And I enjoy coffee, chocolate and McDonalds sometimes, all poison. Am I goin to hell with you Steve?

OK Django, let's put pot aside because you HAVE put yourself out there for those who choose to look. It is a bit difficult to defend a point of view born of a different motive, and when it isn't your tax dollars going into this so-called war.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    OK Django, let's put pot aside....
    In a thread prominently containing "pot" in its title? Whah?!

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    In what ways isn't he a slimeball? He and Kelly use their connections and insider information to buy properties from the city and county at foreclosure auctions, strategically buying those properties nearest to already government-owned or non-profit owned land.

They have no interest whatsoever in improving these properties or the city's neighborhoods, or in renovating or rehabbing the buildings they buy so people can actually move into them. Instead they put no money into the properties beyond what they paid for them [[except for the ones they can use as pot warehouses and annoyingly loud and illegal after-hours joints) and allow their properties to sit vacant and increasingly dilapidated and blighted while they try to hold up the city, county, and non-profits engaged in actual neighborhood development to meet their outrageously inflated price. When that hasn't worked, they put together "first-time homebuyer" seminars to convince people to buy their uninhabitable properties in order to scam the federal government out of the homebuyer tax credit and split the proceeds with them.

Pretty much meets my definition of slimeball in every respect.
    Im listening Al, I dont want to blindly defend or put down anyone.

It sounds as if you know him as I do but have you ever sat down with him and had a discussion?

I dont see the problem with buying properties at auction to re sell them to someone who might do something with them. Hes a broker as I understand. I dont know of any inside info, he gets his news from local business papers as I understand. To call someone a slimeball I think you should have to meet the person and say it to his face if you feel.
    Im open to discussion on this Al, I dont know much about buying and selling properties and whats unethical.

As I remember that property on Chene was sold and not in his hands anymore. At the same time I dont know what a quick claims deed is. Does that mean he is still responsible for what goes on in that property, I doubt it.

Im also unaware of any after hours joints that Tatarian ran, I highly doubt he had anything to do with running an afterhours. Where did this come from?

Yes thats what it says, his residence is in the burbs.

Bartock, Im not pickin up what your layin down, can you be more specific? My only motive is to stop putting ppl in prison for drugs, stop wasting taxdollars on this so called war. I dont have a personal motive although I can understand why some ppl would think I do. Yes, Im an open book of my past but I have no real interest in decrim or legalizing just for my own personal thing. My politics on the drug war extend way before any of my tales where I was involved with them. I made my decision that the drug war was bullshit while reading the Free Press every morning with my Mom back in the 80s when I had barely even smoked a joint.

Correction: the tax assesser's records din't show a QUIT claim deed or transfer for the property on Chene and show it owned at this date by Tartanian and his wife.

My bad then SWAMP. Last time I was in the building he was in the process of selling it. I know he didnt live at that residence in Detroit this week and hasnt for about two years. He owns a lot of property though.

Like I said I dont know much about property and hows its dealt with. Quick, Quit???
    Last edited by Django; August-28-11 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Crystal Palace and a woman I love

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Correction: the tax assesser's records din't show a QUIT claim deed or transfer for the property on Chene and show it owned at this date by Tartanian and his wife.
    And we all know that the City of Detroit's record system is the most accurate in the world, right?! LOL! There is a great chance that he did indeed sell this property, and the city's fucked-up records simply have not caught up with the change yet.

Plus, at least a few of us seem to be spelling his name incorrectly.

I'd say he is quite willing to invest his money in at least ONE property. This one. In-floor radiant heating is not inexpensive, but it IS the only efficient way to heat a warehouse converted into a living space. There are some overhead radiant heaters, too, but for multi-story applications, the in-floor system can be designed to double as fire control for the next level down. I've investigated these ever since I first dreamed of having my own loftspace, and realize that only the most intelligent and diligent of builder/investors dare to put the extra up-front investment into this type of heating.

If he has all those other buildings...proof this one was planned for residence, not dope, is all the WINDOWS on the third floor! I finally found the building, one block north and west of the Chene/Mack intersection. Nobody in their right minds does a grow operation with glass windows...there is no way to not show the extraordinary moisture.

When it is all said and done, I'm still betting that this crazy-as-a-fox Tatarian is above all this crap. He will probably have some land contract with these buyers, and is beyond what they did with the property after it was sold. That is a very likely scenario why the city has 'old' paperwork on this...but so many are quick to demonize the guy. Hell, I'm defending him blindly, because of this pending group execution without proof...which happens all too often in our world.

At the core, the issue is legalization...of a ubiquitous herb which grows on every continent of the planet, whose benefits are craved by any and all who learn of them. They range from nutrition, to medicinal aids too numerous to mention, to sustainable clothing and paper and even fiberglass-type manufacturing...just look at what Henry Ford did with it during his World War reactions in the forties, there was an entire car designed around hemp!

http://www.hiddenmysteries.org/consp.../fordhemp.html

I was delighted to see who authored this piece, some of you might recognize the name.

For those too dull to read, here is a YouTube on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxlj6fgQ-ZU

The original Diesel engine was designed to run on hemp oil.

It is a shame that prohibitionists chase after this unusual plant, because some use it to excess on their way to taking the edge off the stresses of life. What kind of personality has to control other's consumption, which leads to passivity instead of rage...introspection instead of desperation...it just doesn't make any fucking sense whatsoever that this substance is prohibited as it is. Period.

Hemp/Cannabis is probably the MOST beneficial plant in Mother Nature's repertoire! It needs to be FULLY legalized now...Prohibition Must END immediately!

Sincerely,
    John

Here is one more.

http://www.hempcar.org/ford.shtml

Yes, I'm piling on now...because the status quo is pure idiocy which has devolved into reactionary idiocy...and only in the last ten years has any logic and wisdom even crept into the public meme. We are in the midst of a change here, and the establishment makes money off of people's misery...while those who fund THEM profit insanely off of the synthesized substitutes for this wonderful plant.

If oil didn't produce nylon and polyester...hemp would be stronger today. If wood pulp didn't make paper, hemp would never have been made illegal...it is humorous to me that many of the thin-paged bibles are made with hemp paper. They hide it now, but it was common knowledge before.

<sigh>

When will we all wake up?!

Look at the time...

Thank you G.

Danny, can you please point us to one death thats been caused by smoking pot? Just one.

Chocolate is a drug, coffee is a drug. If your on that purity bandwagon go for it but Im not down with it.

Come on man, are you serious
    Please read my codespeak again and doublethink your arguments in interpretation:

3. If your body like this poison, then it would develop immunity response and accept it as food.

So, you are saying the immune system's purpose is to convert toxins to food.

Clearly, this is a very unique perspective. I'm going to start chewing on trees then, in order to get ready for the coming food crash. Maybe plastic, too.

Do you REALLY believe yourself, Danny?! Damn, sometimes you sound like ME...LOL...

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    In a thread prominently containing "pot" in its title? Whah?!
    Well, you know, several pages into a thread we are usually a long way from the title...

This one quickly went into the "legalize all drugs" argument. Since then, it has started to retreat back to the "you can make a sweater out of hemp and the Forefathers grew it" and "no one ever died smoking pot" arguments.

bartock Guest

Im listening Al, I dont want to blindly defend or put down anyone.

It sounds as if you know him as I do but have you ever sat down with him and had a discussion?

I dont see the problem with buying properties at auction to re sell them to someone who might do something with them. Hes a broker as I understand. I dont know of any inside info, he gets his news from local business papers as I understand. To call someone a slimeball I think you should have to meet the person and say it to his face if you feel.
    Im open to discussion on this Al, I dont know much about buying and selling properties and whats unethical.

As I remember that property on Chene was sold and not in his hands anymore. At the same time I dont know what a quick claims deed is. Does that mean he is still responsible for what goes on in that property, I doubt it.

Im also unaware of any after hours joints that Tatarian ran, I highly doubt he had anything to do with running an afterhours. Where did this come from?

Yes thats what it says, his residence is in the burbs.

Bartock, Im not pickin up what your layin down, can you be more specific? My only motive is to stop putting ppl in prison for drugs, stop wasting taxdollars on this so called war. I dont have a personal motive although I can understand why some ppl would think I do. Yes, Im an open book of my past but I have no real interest in decrim or legalizing just for my own personal thing. My politics on the drug war extend way before any of my tales where I was involved with them. I made my decision that the drug war was bullshit while reading the Free Press every morning with my Mom back in the 80s when I had barely even smoked a joint.
    Based on that statement, you picked up what I was laying down.

I see both sides of the war on drugs so I don't have any loyalties in that regard. I was and am more interested in this land owners/speculators angle than whether or not the underlying activities should be made legal. Should drugs be legal tends to be a topic like abortion or death penalty. Sort of predictable.

For what it's worth, your stories are fascinating, haunting, and, on a certain level, entertaining. I think it would make for a good book, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    So, you are saying the immune system's purpose is to convert toxins to food.

Clearly, this is a very unique perspective. I'm going to start chewing on trees then, in order to get ready for the coming food crash. Maybe plastic, too.

Do you REALLY believe yourself, Danny?! Damn, sometimes you sound like ME...LOL...
    That's "IF" the body likes it.

what happens to the drugs after the sieze.. are they held for evidence for the trial, but then after the trial, then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Clinton was the closest we ever got to having a politician admit to smoking cannabis. When he said he didn't inhale, I realized that he was either the stupidest guy ever to achieve the presidency [[remembering he was pre-W, who lowered the bar considerably)...or the craftiest. Knowing what I do about his involvement in Mena with W's daddy's cocaine importing business, I'd say he was the craftiest...and that very fact is what may have gotten him into that seat. They 'gave' him the post to keep his mouth shut.

Cheers,
    John
    heh-heh... i'm curious.. when was bill clinton involved with george h-w. bush? got links to more info?
    got any info on the plane crash death of commerce secretary ron brown?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast