Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Cardholders can grow their own pot without a caregiver card. The paperwork I got from the state when I got my card specifically stated so. Caregivers can grow weed for cardholders without selling it to them. The AG is attempting to remove the $$ that the state isn't getting their cut of, out of the equation.

Welcome to the world of AG Bill Schuette. Where money can buy you a loyal crusader in the war against "drug culture."

It's no coincidence that this guy is so focused on mm, when you look at his campaign contributers:

Miller Canfield PAC:29k
    MI Beer and Wine Whslers PAC: 20k
    Other Beer Distributers: 3,400, 2,900, 2,000, 2,000 and on and on.....
    Health Care PACs [[prescription drugs): Well over 100k

What's funny is that issues regarding federal mandates that affect the state of MI, Bill is quick to spout the legal rights of the state. But when It comes to MM, an Amendment to the state constitution, he shoots straight to the federal drug schedules.

I've had my card for a year and a half. Nobody with a suit or a badge has shown up at my doorstep asking me about "pot" anything- yet. I've always been an outspoken advocate for legalization, so my name has been on the list since I don't know when, and to be honest I don't really care. If "they" did show up to harass me, I would tell them to get f*ck*d.

The sad part is, I can't even partake in my legal use because as I am applying for new work, I am supposidly not protected by our mm law regarding private sector employment.

Schuette's intention is to label the mm amendment as "symbolic" only. This law is going to be picked apart until it's death, you can all count on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Jimaz -

I've noticed that you have been stuck at 3,317 posts listed for many months now. Is that to prevent you getting a Detroityes gold watch or something?
    I hadn't really considered the counter in a while...but to check, I looked up another thread that I know he replied in...and it is stuck at 3,317 back then, too.

Then I noticed mine hadn't changed, either...

Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Jimaz -

I've noticed that you have been stuck at 3,317 posts listed for many months now. Is that to prevent you getting a Detroityes gold watch or something?
    Thanks for mentioning that, Bigb23. I hadn't even noticed it. I'll start watching it just out of curiosity. I'm not keeping score.

Wait a minute. It just incremented to 3,318. LOL!

Lessee then...LOL...

Go look at the Hum thread, Jimaz...this might be a 'tell' on someone's part.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...ng-Anyone-Else

My number incremented once after the start of that thread. Yours quit counting before it, I think.

This is pretty funny.

This post was 2767, then after editing it to include the link, it went to 2768. Same as the next post.
    Last edited by Gannon; August-24-11 at 07:14 PM.

Scratch that theory...wow...I went BACK a few posts in the count...and it just caught up. This is too strange.

I'm going back to playing my guitar...let me know if you discover anything Jimaz.

My bet is they've been watching you since that virtual launch stability problem you were playing around with a few years back...heh.

Hit refresh and they all read 2769 now...ugh.

Yep. Although it's not illegal for someone with a caregiver card to BUY pot on the street, it's illegal to sell it from the street. A caregiver CAN grow it themselves [[as in the cases that I know of).

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Ok..i don't get it. so if you are a licensed caregiver, can you sell pot? Where does the properly registered medical mj user get their pot? do they have to grow it themselves?

A caregiver does not sell the pot. They charge for their time in growing and cultivating and other money they put out to grow you your "medicine" [[the electric bills are staggering). That's how it's done

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Oh yeah, as I understand the vague law, caregivers can be paid to grow for you but selling the pot outright is a no no.

Don't read the headlines, read the stories. Specifically what the appeals court seems to have said is that patients cannot sell to other patients at dispensaries. Well, no shit; it's clear from the law that nobody can sell marijuana to anybody, anywhere.

If a caregiver is legally allowed to dispense marijuana to a patient [[and charge for his time etc. but NOT for the marijuana per se), then to me wherever that transfer occurs is a dispensary, so dispensaries are legal by my definition. If an activity is legal, then it has to happen someplace, and we can call that place whatever the hell we like.

So use words carefully and watch your backs, kids. Your friendly state AG does not seem to care that the voters approved it; he is apparently superior to the voters of Michigan.

[[Your kindly old Prof is showing his Libertarian side, this evening.)

Steve bennet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zackdog View Post
    Why anyone would want to register with Big Brother? Until it is completely legalized, I'll just text the same guy I've been getting from for about 20 years now without any hassle at all, and probably less expensive as well.
    I know several people who's medical marijuana certifications have kept them from getting arrested and prosecuted for marijuana possession. So it's not that bad of an idea. Having drug possession charge on your record can make things difficult down the road.

That being said, none of the anti-marijuana idiots can come up with one logical argument on why it should even be illegal in the first place.

If the clubs are shut down thats great news for the old dealers. Pushing pot back underground means higher prices, higher demand, more money to be made, and more illegal dealers.

I know some growers who have been doing it for 20+ years and theyve been complaining how prices per pound have dropped from $4500 to $3000 approx. Good new for them as their about to go back up.

I wonder if JFK would have been president if it were not for prohibition, his Pop supposedly making much of his wealth bootlegging.

Steve bennet Guest

I have the opposite problem. I have noticed since the medical marijuana bill passed, it's harder to find cheap weed as the prices have gone up [[as well as the quality).

Quote Originally Posted by Zackdog View Post
    Why anyone would want to register with Big Brother? Until it is completely legalized, I'll just text the same guy I've been getting from for about 20 years now without any hassle at all, and probably less expensive as well.

If you truly believe Big Brother exists, then surely He must be monitoring your internet use, too. So He's already got you.

As far as asset forfeiture, we need look no further than good ol' Wayne County to see what's going on:

http://detnews.com/article/20091113/...perty-seizures

You'll notice that the cops/prosecutors don't even need the excuse of drugs to take your shit. Hell, in one of the instances cited, an undercover officer posing as a hooker WROTE DOWN IN HER POLICE REPORT that a man specifically told he he didn't want to have sex -- and they took his truck anyway.

You needn't worry about an Orweillan future. It's here already, boys and girls.

p.s. Did you ever wonder why the powers that be chose to call this forum the "Internet" and the "World Wide Web"? What is the function of a web and a net? Where did the Internet originate. Oh, the U.S. military.

Anyway...about those Tigers...

Dookie -

That is one of the scariest local articles I've ever read!

Some frown on practice

Civil forfeiture is based on the concept that property is guilty, not the owner. And since property has no legal rights, it can be confiscated for any reason, without charges being filed -- even if an officer admits no crime was ever committed.

I've never heard it explained that way. What have our Judges and Lawmakers done?

"Officers from the Wayne County Sheriff's Morality Unit accused Odom of solicitation after they saw her make eye contact with passing motorists while waiting for Vaughn to pick her up from the bank. On the strength of that observation, officers ticketed Odom and seized Vaughn's 2002 Chrysler Sebring."

Quick question about this -- could this type of shit be facilitating the lack of eye contact between people on the street? I like to be friendly and when I pass a person, even in the City proper, I like to give a little "good morning", the "how are you doing?", or the "nod" while making eye contact. Most people either do it first, or reciprocate. A fair amount avoid all eye contact at any cost. I know that some folks don't want to bother, are shy, or interpret eye contact as a means of intimidation. But could it be that some folks just don't want to give any one [[potential undercover) any excuse to hassle them?
    Last edited by Baselinepunk; August-26-11 at 08:13 AM. Reason: formatting

^^^^
    Maybe the Citizens need a "morality unit" to review law enforcement in cases like this. Our elected officials sure as hell won't do it, because it's such a cash cow to prop up their inflated salaries.
    And are there quotas involved, so that on a slow day, they have to bust Red Cross workers running errands, and who are actually just glancing around?
    This makes me sick in so many ways.

Default Get high

One joint a day and you can live forever.

Name:  pot.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  42.1 KB

Steve bennet Guest

Is that suppose to be sarcastic? Even if so, it's still true. Anti-marijuana idiots really can't come up with one logical reason it should be illegal.

Listen carefully to this pot stoner say on local TV

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-20110825-wpms

makes me angry. Angry that some of our elected officials [[prosecutors & judges) are opposed to legislation that was approved by their constituents.

I believe that the legislature, didn't think it was going to pass, and dragged their feet, writing a decent bill. This has created chaos, since. Solutions? Maybe in 10 years? This really needs to be taken care of like yeaterday.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    One joint a day and you can live forever.

Name:  pot.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  42.1 KB
    You don't have to smoke it. You can eat it in a brownie or a cookie or whatever.

Steve bennet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Autoracks View Post
    makes me angry. Angry that some of our elected officials [[prosecutors & judges) are opposed to legislation that was approved by their constituents.
    They are going to be pissing a lot of people off. The best thing that can happen is we vote these kind of people out of office. Medical marijuana is hear to stay, and they are going to have to deal with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast