Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quake?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Now we get the wild hysteria on the evening news cycle. They will interview people on the street, who didn't feel a thing, and try to film fallen bottles of shampoo in the tub.
    That will be the first ten minutes at the top of every hour for the next few days.
    I didn't feel a thing.
    your right big.....someone said "hangers were shaking in the closet" in the rencen.

Quake....WTF.....here I thought is was me....and the best sex I ever had with a woman. That will teach me to have those afternoon delights.

I was sitting on my patio here in Las Vegas sipping a glass of wine when the quake hit.

Never felt a friggin' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    That freep story incorrectly states that the quake was 3 miles deep. Exaggeration just a tad bit, no?
    Maybe things are different on Mars, but here quakes are normally underground. The epicenter is at a place AND a depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Maybe things are different on Mars, but here quakes are normally underground. The epicenter is at a place AND a depth.
    Yea, but originally USGS said it was ~.1 miles. But I just checked and they updated to 3.7 miles. Or maybe I read one of the aftershocks depths but it's all clear now.

I was in my office in downtown Detroit when I felt the building sway. It lasted a while. Then I had went to the cafeteria to watch TV only to discover that an earthquake hit Virginia. This is the first time I had ever heard of an earthquake hitting both sides of the US in the same day

It lasted about 7-8 seconds here in DC

Wow! Which building where you in?
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I'm on the 7th floor on Canfield next to the DMC. I just felt the building move, and afterwards the fluorescent lights in my office were swinging.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I was in my office in downtown Detroit when I felt the building sway. It lasted a while. Then I had went to the cafeteria to watch TV only to discover that an earthquake hit Virginia. This is the first time I had ever heard of an earthquake hitting both sides of the US in the same day
    Are you saying it was 2 quakes? It was the same one felt in both places.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Are you saying it was 2 quakes? It was the same one felt in both places.
    There was a 5.8 in Southern Colorado the night before followed by aftershocks yesterday. And there were no reports of feeling both here. Eastern earthquakes are felt for much further distances due to the ground composition on the eastern seaboard; it's much harder and of a solid piece as opposed to the composition in the west which is more broken up so it doesn't conduct the waves for as far in distance.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    There was a 5.8 in Southern Colorado the night before followed by aftershocks yesterday. And there were no reports of feeling both here. Eastern earthquakes are felt for much further distances due to the ground composition on the eastern seaboard; it's much harder and of a solid piece as opposed to the composition in the west which is more broken up so it doesn't conduct the waves for as far in distance.
    I thought he was referring to Detroit and Virginia being two different quakes. He didn't mention Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I thought he was referring to Detroit and Virginia being two different quakes. He didn't mention Colorado.
    No, usually we don't epicenter around her anywhere; we feel them from the East, up in Canada or down Missouri way.
    But he didn't make that very clear, did he?

what the heck I thought it was gas from the burritos at lunch!

Name:  299438_1712057580270_1803074732_1104852_4315162_n.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  46.4 KB.........

16th floor of the rencen felt it..there are 70 of us here and i would say about 1/2 of us noticed. At first we thought it might have something to do with the whole coast gaurd thing but nope. At the same time we noticed it here the guy next to me was on the phone with a customer in CT and they said they just felt thier building shake, guy next to me said huh we just felt something too..we put 2 and 2 together and a few minutes later it was on the news.

i can see how most people missed it..i mean you felt something but it wasnt expecially wavy or scary..just movement and had i been walking instead of sitting I prob. wouldnt have noticed

Felt it pretty strong here in Dearborn at Ford & Greenfield in just a 2 story building.
    The floor was shaking hard enough that I thought someone was trying to move my desk [[which is bolted to 3 cube walls and those walls bolted to the floor.)
    One of my coworkers said she actually felt seasick for a few seconds.

We felt it rolling pretty hard for about 10 to 15 seconds and then just a steady, low vibration for about a minute afterwards, as if someone just smacked the building like a large tuning fork.

Out of the 5 or 6 quakes strong enough to be felt in this area over the past 30 years or so, this was the first one I've noticed and it freaked me out a bit. I can't imagine being somewhere where the really big ones hit, like Japan, Haiti, California...

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Wow! Which building where you in?
    Scott Hall.

I was driving probably south of Savannah, GA and felt nothing. Friends in a one story office in Southfield felt it.

My ever eloquent mom texted me from NC: "Holy sh*t...I think we just had an earthquake!!!" It woke her up from a nap, they had just driven back home from the Dream Cruise weekend.

I'm here at 9 & I-75 and didn't feel a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    What about the other 40 earthquakes we have daily?

It's just Earth getting ready for a cosmic shower!

Well at least no haters have tried blaming the gay and lesbian community on here yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I was sitting on my patio here in Las Vegas sipping a glass of wine when the quake hit.

Never felt a friggin' thing.

There will be a big seismic shock when Ray hits the progressive jackpot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2