Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default What a great weekend in Detroit. Now lets get some locals down there

I just got back in from three days in Detroit, to attend a family function. My sister finally was able to come to Detroit, and insisted that we go sightseeing. To our surprise, our parents decided to join us for a day of touring Detroit.
    Well all three of them can't stop talking about how fun our day in downtown Detroit was, and how great it is.

We did not have as much free time as I was hoping, so we really only did the drive through Groose Pointe, Belle Isle[[including the conservatory, etc), and a little of downtown Detroit, including a tour of the Guardian Building by that amazing security guard who takes people on tours for free.

Anyway it was a really really nice intro to Detroit for them.
    They were raving to our Detroit family members all day about it. The reaction by our Detroit family members was mixed. One was open to the idea of touring around with us sometime, and was positive about the changes happening in the city.

Others were freaked and telling us how scary it was when they recently tried to enjoy a day in the city, and warned us to stay clear of the Riverwalk due to black people picking on white people, etc.

I was very glad my parents and sister did not listen to them and instead can't wait to tour again and were defending the city

The evening was spent hanging out with my Detroit cousins who are close to my age. We went to a lounge on Hall Road at Partridge Creek, near their homes.
    Last edited by miketoronto1; August-21-11 at 07:59 PM.