Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

just got the macomb daily out of the mailbox and was hit with a photo of this guy falling to his death. i find this to be just terrible. freedom of press is one thing but respect for his family and friends is another. totally wrong in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    just got the macomb daily out of the mailbox and was hit with a photo of this guy falling to his death. i find this to be just terrible. freedom of press is one thing but respect for his family and friends is another. totally wrong in my opinion.
    I think that's the same reasoning they wouldn't show the coffins of dead soldiers returning from Iraq. Might upset the family...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I think that's the same reasoning they wouldn't show the coffins of dead soldiers returning from Iraq. Might upset the family...
    Well, yes. but the policy for not showing the coffins was political... it was precisely because the nation would get upset, upset the families and maybe people would start asking why we're bring home kids in boxes....and we can't have all that un american questioning of our imperial leaders.

Showing a stunt man tumbling to his death is another discussion. I thought it was in incredibly bad taste. especially the video on the news. I mean c'mon, is there no sense of decency?

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Well, yes. but the policy for not showing the coffins was political... it was precisely because the nation would get upset, upset the families and maybe people would start asking why we're bring home kids in boxes....and we can't have all that un american questioning of our imperial leaders.

Showing a stunt man tumbling to his death is another discussion. I thought it was in incredibly bad taste. especially the video on the news. I mean c'mon, is there no sense of decency?
    Well, it would make me think twice about being a stuntman. Being horrified by reality often produces, shall we say, informed choices?

I'm not being facetious. Censorship is a serious matter, and the effects of it often outstrip mere offenses against good taste. If you have a sense of decency, you might look away.