Looking for someone who has access to data. You hear lots of grumbling about how Downtown/Midtown "get all the money" and the neighborhoods are left hung out to dry.

Does anyone have any hard numbers about:

[[1) Where does the city tax revenue come from?
[[2) Where in the city is that money actually distributed?

I hate to say this because I know it'll end any future career I have in Detroit politics, but in response to Daddeeo,

Downtown has gotten the money for years. How about some dough for the neighborhoods?
I hear story and plan after plan by Kwame and Bing but never see results.
Pretty soon the city center will be surrounded by a dead zone where everyone has left.
A city center with nothing left around it -- especially if that's where the city tax revenue is generated -- is a sustainable city model. A giant, sprawling Donut with a hole in the middle where all the rich taxpayers used to live but now have left is far less efficient, especially if the only residents left are the lower income residents.

But perhaps I'm projecting assumptions and admittedly, I'm ignorant.

So tell me. Where is the city's tax base? And where does that money go? And no fair counting private grants or incentives. If Illitch or Gilbert or DMC want to pay people grants to incent residential migration...that's on them.

Willing to listen...
CY