I was reading the Freep this morning and they had this excellent article on the Midtown Incentives. Apparently the money is almost all used up, and they no longer are taking applications. Good news for sure. Here is my favorite quote from the article:

"Miller has lived in Detroit five years, first in the Woodbridge area and lately in Lafayette Park, where she shares a unit with her boyfriend. But she hasn't been able to find the new apartment within walking distance of the CCS campus in Midtown, even after scouring the Internet.
"As long as I've lived down here, I've never had this much trouble finding a place," she said this week. "I feel like there's still some decent student housing available but if you want something a little bit nicer it's more difficult to find.""

My only beef is that about half the people applying are moving from other parts of the city. I know that the intention of the program is not to increase the population of the city, but rather to increase density in certain negihborhoods, buit it still strikes me as robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Thoughts?