Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    You read my mind MDoyle... also noticed that the links don't work...
    It wasn't "From the Inside's" link, he/she tried to quote the original post in the thread and screwed up the code. The thread was started back in August, and free detnews.com links don't stay active that long.

Came across this site a few years ago and felt it was time to dig it up and share.

http://onlyndetroit.com/html/decay/ond-0010brodericktower.htm

"The Sky Club penthouse is laid out over two floors. It was, and still is the most favorite thing I have ever stumbled upon in any abandoned building so far. The bar area was wallpapered in prints of the 1930s Detroit skyline. The scene is very Parisian. The wallpaper depicted views looking up at the tower from Grand Circus Park – and were far removed from the reality of this area today. It was like looking at an entirely new city. Though tattered, pealing and marred by pointless tagging, the image of the tower is front and center in the prints. Lights on every floor shimmer and shine bright, as well as those of the other buildings in the now defunct Grand Circus Park."

Quote Originally Posted by From The Inside View Post
    Watching the re-construction from the inside, the renter will experience a multitude of problems. Cheap construction throughout. A mass of confusion within. Old lead paint will be covered up with drywall, Asbestos Laden building.
    A real concern for Detroit High Rise Living. If this is what we have to look forward to, Detroit will be no better off than before.

http://detnews.com/article/20110810/...eyeing-Detroit

Maybe somebody, but not me.
    This is not the first old building to be brought-up to modern standards. Why do you think this is a Detroit thing? There are plenty of old buildings worldwide that have had these issues and mitigated them.

hopefully the investors won't go the cheap route in bringing things up to code.. certainly asbestos and any other offensive substance has to go.. I wonder what it will take to make all the areas internet accessible/wi-fi..?

...has anyone been to one of these 'W' hotels that part of the building is to eventually be?

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotel...w_hotel_032811

From what I've seen, sealing and covering lead and/or asbestos is almost preferable to complete removal.

Removal and disposal can cause their own problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    hopefully the investors won't go the cheap route in bringing things up to code.. certainly asbestos and any other offensive substance has to go.. I wonder what it will take to make all the areas internet accessible/wi-fi..?

...has anyone been to one of these 'W' hotels that part of the building is to eventually be?

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotel...w_hotel_032811
    The Broderick isn't housing a hotel at all. That would be the David Whitney across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    It wasn't "From the Inside's" link, he/she tried to quote the original post in the thread and screwed up the code. The thread was started back in August, and free detnews.com links don't stay active that long.
    Maybe that store with the "jetpacks" in the MacNamara Terminal you mentioned in the other thread... carries a "time travel" machine and someone can go back and see what it was about....

Jusk kiddin'.... Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by From The Inside View Post
    Watching the re-construction from the inside, the renter will experience a multitude of problems. Cheap construction throughout. A mass of confusion within. Old lead paint will be covered up with drywall, Asbestos Laden building.
    A real concern for Detroit High Rise Living. If this is what we have to look forward to, Detroit will be no better off than before.

http://detnews.com/article/20110810/...eyeing-Detroit

Maybe somebody, but not me.
    This post is highly emotional and not based on fact....a common theme I see on this site btw. Heavy renovation work requires the removal of hazardous materials as you see happening with Broderick.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3