Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Clawson Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Hey. I am conceding the point. Look, I said it's our fault, quite nicely. End of discussion, nothing to see here, etc. Enjoy the perfect day outside.
    OK, but you forgot to mention

1) that you have a PhD
    2) you're done with this thread.

You must have been in a hurry to enjoy the perfect day.

why don't you go to the city of clawson, and pull all the citations for parking issued in the past 5 years, because once the citation is issued there is a record, then research which citations were selectively dismissed without a fine, according to your assertions these will be all white people, not a single black person in the lot..... although if one or two black guys got their citations dismissed it would probably just be a "mistake", due to your percieved, true or otherwise.... instititionalized racist policy found in clawson.....

its not racist to be given a legitimate ticket, ask for the fine to be dismissed, and not have it go your way.... you are guilty of the infraction regardless.......

why does racist finger pointing start before there is any evidence.... ahhhh... because someone claimed it may be possible... therefore let the card be played.....

want to avoid selective dismissal of fines and the rampant racism found in clawson... don't park in the street at night.... cops are pulling black guys out of their cars and giving them parking tickets....

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Oh, and I did go to the Clawson Police Department and tell them that it wasn't posted and I got the same explanation of the signs being posted at major intersections, etc, and they did NOT relieve the ticket or give me a warning. I had to pay the ticket. I paid my 10 bucks [[this was about 7 yrs ago) and went on my way. So I guess I could have added [[Hint: this may not work if you are a white female in your 40's). Then would this post have started such a shit storm?
    No, you were too late to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    No, you were too late to the thread.
    It wouldn't have anyway.

Berkley has this law as well. The reasoning they used in addition to the already mentioned items is that it reduced crime.

I agree with the fellow who cited that the hosts should have made the person aware of situation. When we lived in Berkley we made sure everyone that visited knew about this; and everyone I knew made sure their visitors knew about this as well. However, perhaps the ticketed person could claim that they entered the City via Crooks via the Royal Oak border [[where there are no signs posted) and took side streets to their destination.

Personally, I would not have paid the ticket. I would have taken the court date and used the opportunity to gather visual information regarding the various ways one could enter the City one commonly used roads without seeing a sign. For a City to say "well, it's signed at major locations" is a cop-out [[no pun) and if your argument is presented intelligently and tersely, you may beat the ticket.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3