Pardon my pointless rant...I know there are a plethora of reasons why Clawson generally sucks, but....

I received a parking ticket very early Saturday morning for parking on a residential street in Clawson between the hours of 2 AM - 6 AM. I looked in the morning and there was not one sign on the whole street that indicated that you could not park there during that time frame.

I called the city today and they said they post that ordinance only at "major intersections" in the city and do not on the residential streets you'd actually get the ticket due to "home ownership issues".

It's only for $20 [[as long as I pay within week it doesn't go to $50), but I'm just annoyed with it. As a visitor to the city I had no warning whatsoever that my parking was illegal [[unless, of course, I randomly read the ordinance signs at a "major intersection" in town).

We had the thread earlier about having to pay police expenses in cities even when you are at no fault. This falls in that line - cities just screwing over civilians so they can pay their own salaries. While I respect much of what they do, I just find it absurd some of the ways that police/parking enforcement knowingly screw people over.

I'm paying my ticket, but not too happy about it and will not spend a damn dime in that city in my own personal protest!

[[This thread is basically pointless, but somehow in my head me speaking my mind on a public forum helps justify writing that 20 buck check .)