Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Another addition: Heinz Prechter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Morgus The Magnificent had more of a New Orleans presence than Detroit but he did appear in Detroit. He played the role of a mad scientist in a kid's show that played spooky movies. He'd allude to a secret organization that kids could join if they were sufficiently willing to become educated in the sciences. It was kind of a demented lure to get kids to do well in school.

He was ugly as sin by design but extremely creative.
    I think I was too dismissive in that post. Morgus really does deserve more credit than that. I found this 45-minute tribute to him: The Mystery Of Morgus - WVUE-TV New Orleans 10/30/2011. His Detroit stint is covered beginning at 19:30.
    From October 30, 2011, a special documentary [[aired on WVUE Fox 8 in New Orleans) focusing on the history of one of New Orleans' most popular and enduring local TV personalities: TV horror movie host Dr. Momus Alexander Morgus - aka "Morgus the Magnificent".

Beginning in 1959 on WWL-TV, Dr. Morgus, his masked assistant Chopsley and disembodied skull E.R.I.C. would entertain and delight viewers with their weekly ventures into the realm of science, in between classic [[and not so classic) horror movies each Saturday night on "House Of Shock".

The special features rare footage from the early Morgus shows, possibly the only surviving evidence of his initial televised experiments, plus interviews with many of those who watched them, assisted the Good Doctor in bringing them to TV viewers, and even appeared in them.

Through those historic explorations into the world of science, Dr. Morgus, Chopsley and E.R.I.C. continue to entertain, and especially, educate their friends of science, as they've done for over 50 years above the Old City Ice House.

Bud Guest. Or for that matter, Edgar A. Guest.

But Dorothy Parker might have elevated him to national status when she wrote,
    I'd rather fail my Wasserman test
    Than read a poem
    By Edgar Guest.

What about "Frantic" Ernie Durham?
    "I'll be back with a stack of shellac, Jack!"

Born in Michigan, then left the state to become a popular "teen model" in the nascent days of the internet [[2001-02), and now back in The Big D strolling John R from 8 Mile to 6 Mile to score in the scamming of naive older gentlemen, Adrianne Michelle Jones [[Michigan Offender 965533).

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTrap View Post
    Born in Michigan, then left the state to become a popular "teen model" in the nascent days of the internet [[2001-02), and now back in The Big D strolling John R from 8 Mile to 6 Mile to score in the scamming of naive older gentlemen, Adrianne Michelle Jones [[Michigan Offender 965533).
    I found it difficult at first to find any info [[unless I typed in name, "Detroit", and "Model") about her.

I found an abrasive Youtube video sort of putting Detroit ruins in a bad light [[by someone who likes soccer but hates and denies Jesus's existence without clearly knowing who Josephus even was) with comments by a "Wayne Dayton" [[6 months ago) who has seen her as a crackwhore on John Rhttps://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=0-dV-9Zde3c. I also found a ......... site slamming women that referred to her twice as a "Slore" [[like in "Ghostbusters"?)-one of which seemed to know A LOT about her-and said she frequented Montreal with a comment [[2 months ago) by a "Bernard Rappaport" knowing of her John R. activityhttps://thedirty.com/gossip/detroit/...tion-campaign/.

Not to call you out here, Thunder, but you've posted three posts "warning" about her. Also, your profile shows you are from Ontario, favor motels & 8 Mile, and your favorite profile quote is "As cold as the heart of a whore on John R". I mean I would understand if there was a large objectively comprehensive network of concerned citizen men warning each other of that "omni-affluent and powerful clandestine hoard" of bedraggled and nearly destroyed women out there seeking to devour all humanity, yet, something personal going on past recent occurrences seems to be happening here. Sorry to have to put it that way.
    Last edited by G-DDT; December-19-15 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    I found it difficult at first to find any info [[unless I typed in name, "Detroit", and "Model") about her....
    FWIW: MDOC Number: 965533

[[I have no interest in this case.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    FWIW: MDOC Number: 965533

[[I have no interest in this case.)
    Oh-G'duh, derp, and snuh.

Yeah, figure dense me to blindly bypass the numbers he provided. It would've been easier to look up [[yet, what info. I did turn up by the route I took provides a very strange focused interest in this person whose in a wretched state. I mean, objectivity is the key with this thread; if it were about a landlord who rips off dozens or some cult exploiting thousands, it's a different story-I'm going to be a watchdog and name names.). Yet, I'll take a tip from how you handled a briefer search on that in the future, and yeah, I will let my interest in this case drop, as well.

I appreciate your contributions to DetroitYES!, G-DDT.

^^^ Likey-wise.
    Now let's hope we have some Happy Holidays that aren't similar to the way some posters on DY envision the way this country is "supposed to be"-Homeland Security/Police State-style.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5