Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

The airy quality is what I call 'phasey'...sometimes it seems to tickle one ear at a time. The two-toned warbling will pulse in my head, at the stem of my brain...the 'monkey' core!

Oftentimes when the warble tones hit, I get nauseus, too. Not unlike sea or motion sickness.

After putting in those Mack's earplugs...I can still feel it at the stem, but it is SO much lower in intensity that it is manageable...I can get sleep, the sinuses calm down, any headache fades away...and I then sleep like a baby until I need to wake up.

Cheers...

I've heard it - started hearing it over a year ago...it does sound like a truck running. I'm in Warrendale near Ford Rd/Evergreen. I thought someone left their truck running for hours and hours...and the pitch...even when the windows were all closed...could not sleep...haven't heard it in a while

It's hard to believe this nonsense, but one must consider the sources I guess.

May we assume that some of the humming people sense is the result of tinnitus, not an unusual product of that affliction? Are we to believe that these diesel sounding noises, heard all over the State it seems, are from numerous sources? How can that not be the case unless the noises are in one's head?

So we have all these noise sources all over the state, in urban and recreational areas, and across international borders, and a lot of people, scientists and lay people with noise meters, and no one can pinpoint a source or cause. Is that not strange? Unbelievable?

May we not assume that people thinking they hear the hum are a very, very small minority of the population, certainly not the lunatic fringe, but more akin to the number of true believers in UFOs, alien invaders, and the tooth fairy? The power of suggestion at work is what it is.

Gotta go. There's the doorbell. No,wait, it's those damn bells ringing my ears again.

3WC,

You are being a simpleton.

It isn't tinnitus, nor in anyone's head.

If it were, it would still exist if you put earplugs in...when I do, some of the high frequency remains. I can tell distinctly the difference between the residual tinnitus and what high frequency energy I am hearing. I've spent a LIFETIME practising focused critical listening, and have diligently protected my ears since an incident at a Van Halen concert in 1980 at Cobo Hall.

What did I pick up with my spectrum analyzer then, huh? When I was hearing and feeling an amazing amount of energy at both the lower hum and higher squeal range? The meter showed exactly what I was experiencing. Exactly.

Are you going to say I made it happen? If so, you then call me a liar...which makes you one instead...because I was here and experienced it firsthand. I am not a liar.

You ignore that there has been research into at least a sixth sense, with some researchers claiming up to SIXTEEN.

You ignore the PROOF that the government has been busted performing research into controlling the behavior of the masses.

You ignore the current investigation from the Canadian government, which has said this phenomenon is REAL.

You may not know that we've got reports from workers in the Salt Mines that this is a serious issue for them, and they are not the cause of it.

You ignore so much...you are a collection of ignorance.

I conclude that your input into this thread is worthless to the extreme.

So...why waste your time and energy on posting anything at all?!

What was your motivation for entering into this discussion?!

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; August-12-11 at 09:42 PM.

has the mayors office been confronted about the noise?

How can that not be the case unless the noises are in one's head?

There is a nationwide grid of wires all singing at 60Hz, you might've heard of it.

A person I know was warned away from marketing a feature on his AC purifier for the high-end audio marketplace [[and recording studios...folks as well-recognized as Rick Rubin will not have anything in their studio not plugged into one of this man's devices) by a scientist who worked with the University of California at Berkeley. They were regulars at a coffeeshop there, which I dropped into myself the first time I visited the purifier guy's production and research lab. The scientist could not divulge the type of research, but basically said my guy was too close to a Top Secret program he'd been a part of.

This might explain the nation, but not the Earth. We are NOT sure it is everywhere, though.

Plus, there is a whole shit-ton of evidence that what the government has been doing up in Alaska with the HAARP arrays has the ability to make the entire biosphere resonate. That is one whole-Earth delivery of this phenomenon. Of course, it will be much harder to prove this one.

There are those who measure its output, though, and if any correlation can be made, it might help prove out this postulation.

So, no, you are too quick to dismiss...and deride. Your words are not meant to help solve the issue, but pigeonhole it to some convenient but also largely unprovable suspicion.

Tiring, this all is...but I cannot let your weak comments stand.

Cheers,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    has the mayors office been confronted about the noise?
    I have no idea. I can only guess they'd pass it up to OSHA or the EPA.

John

Gannon, answer the questions I posed in my last post and then we'll talk.

Here's another, posed a little differently. Why is it that neither I nor anyone I know has ever heard your "humming?"

By the way, I've backpacked , flown over, and spent much, much time in Alaska over the years. I own property there. I've never heard any humming in AK and I've never heard of anyone that has. Except crude going through the pipeline near Glenallen of course, if one happens to be standing next to it.

Please answer my questions.

By the way, I'm not trying to ruin your party. Enlightenment is my game.

I hear it now. I think I have noticed and "tuned it out" previously too. I didnt read the entire thread yet, but I hope someone has an answer. I'm genuinely intrigued now. I'm currently in the I-94 & Whittier area.

One more point about Alaska. I have spent much time on Kodiac Island. Maybe 15 trips there over the years. Kodiac is the home of the largest Coast Guard base in the country, and a state-owned rocket launching base at the south end of the island. A large area of the island is covered with antenae of every shape and size. Thee are several antenae arrays. For years Kodiac was the center of all Loran technology and communications in the world. I have hiked up to several of the antenae and never heard a hum. Neither has anyone else. Also, the first three wind generators were built on top of Pilar Mountain in 2009, right above the town of Kodiac, maybe 1000 feet above the town. You can't even hear them - I've stood right under the blades when they are operating and what you hear is a muted swoosh; and no one has ever heard humming as a result of their operation.

3WC,

Thanks, I really needed to hear that last line. I apologize for the tone of my posts, I am quite defensive about this, and know that there are many eyes on this issue now.

Nobody ever claimed there was hum in Alaska.

If you knew about the HAARP experimental facility...or facilities...you'd know they are about heating up a layer of atmosphere and using IT to reflect a 'beam' of radiated energy to nearly any point on the Earth. The facility can use varying levels of strength, frequency [[or combination of frequencies), phase, orientation, and focus to perform a wide range of feats using ElectroMagnetic energy.

Since you go up there, I would suggest making inquiries with the Innuit, who suffered a great deal when one particular experiment poked a hole in the atmosphere, causing deaths and deformities. I used to have a story about the timing of this testing disaster...I will have to search out some old backups and printed articles to find it.

There are MANY people who do not hear this hum...or more likely, it is always there so they ignore it.

MOST people are not very discerning...heck, if I could count the number of times I've heard something and brought it to other's attention I may do nothing else. If only I had a dime for each time. I built my hifi career around showing individuals the differences between speakers, electronics, source material...and even tweaks like wire and insulation types and power conditioners. Turning people on to how GOOD their hifi can sound...and now discovering which manufacturers do it best and most consistently. I am a life-long audio and video professional.

I've spent a great deal of time learning the human perceptual system, and once met the doctor at UofM who is now famous for restoring hearing using dog and pig cilia cells. He is a member of the Ann Arbor tube appreciation society, and was the host that day for the club. It was a week or so after NPR did the story on his team's discovery. I had the chance to ask him a few questions that I was never able to get significantly answered through the available literature...and after pondering my language around the topic I'd inquired about told me that while he hadn't considered it my way, I was certainly onto something. I was happy to learn that I'd understood properly, and even pushed the limits a bit with my extrapolation due my life experiences around reproduced and live sound. [[it was about how the ear/brain protects itself against loud sounds, how the character of hearing changes after high-pressure assaults, and how long it takes to recover and restore normal latent wide-range hearing...)

Nobody is able to focus on this background hum when there is any other local sound to distract the ear/brain's well-known auto-masking operation.

Indeed, even when it is its loudest, something as simple as a clock ticking or fan motor [[or outside noise from traffic or trains) will cause the ear/brain to hear the other sounds. It is a background-level diesel hum that is very annoying to those who can meditate themselves to an absolutely quiet and peaceful state...where most people fade to just before falling to sleep. I wish I was to the point of meditating beyond the distraction, but try as I might, I cannot. [[there is a Zen riddle in that, I can just feel it...LOL!)

It is NOT tinnitus. It is NOT blood rushing around the ear mechanisms. It has been proven to be none of those things.

I have answered all of your questions that were truly questions and not those that seem to be tripe unto accusations. That was what set the tone of my original reply, actually. Your cynicism took the form of calling it out as ridiculous, and I reacted.

It is measureable. Proveable. It is real, not imaginary. The hum disturbs people's sleep, and I've noticed a trend in many that it actually causes nightmares. THAT was why I came on to this board to see if anyone else remembered the MindBox story, because what we were experiencing sounded remarkably like that story that disappeared off easy searches on google. I've had many of my threads on this very board also drop off those easy goodle searches, after they became the agent of archiving here. I even typed one again, in its entirety, as a test...and IT disappeared again.

So, I'm particularly sensitive to interesting and off-beat stories that disappear, especially when they ring true with direct sensory and other life experiences. In this particular case, it was around people I'd met professionally, when my career lept into journalism. I was the Technical Editor of the home theater spin-off for Stereophile magazine from 2000-1. That was when I met the fellow who makes that AC line purifier, whom I'm still friends with today.

I didn't expect Jimaz to have it...but am not surprised he came through.

So...it all adds up, very clearly to me. Just because you don't get it yet...doesn't mean it is not real and true. I appreciate the time to help prove it to you. This will help when we have to do so with others in authority, perhaps.

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; August-12-11 at 11:38 PM.

I didn't see your last post, and realize you're on a particularly odd path...not what we're talking about at all.

Mam2009,

Thanks for that reply. The thread is quite lengthy and involved...and may spin your head a bit. It is enough to know that you hear and/or feel it too.

Oddly, the MindBox story we are discussing supposedly took place just off Cadieux and Warren. If it is true, I'm not sure what we're going to do about the hum.

Cheers, anyways,
    John

Gannon, do u hear it now? I still hear it right now & began hearing it no more than 10 minutes before my initial post on this topic. A friend of mine who lives near the Mack Chrysler Plant says he cannot hear it.

Yeah, it is here now. Tough to keep a focus on it because the city is all stirred up on this Full Moon...but it is there. Tell your friend to find the quietest place in their house, and breathe shallowly...eliminate all other sounds...then try if they can notice the low-level hum. Some people feel it more than hear it...it is that low a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    I would describe it as being a very, very low engine sound. I would also like to add that it has an airy quality. Sort of like putting your ear up to a sea shell ... I don't really hear it during the day. It's at night when it's mostly quiet out, usually around 2-4am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    The low-level hum that plagues me, is MOST OFTEN very similar to an idling diesel engine from the distance. Occasionally, and oddly WAY too often for mere chance, it will go up or down in pitch and intensity exactly when the clock hits the hour or half-hour. [[or in the case of the other morning, three minutes BEFORE the hour, exactly) Once in a while, there are distinct warbling effects to it...where another tone is introduced which creates what is known as a 'beat harmonic'...basically combining waves to create yet a third wave which rises and falls periodically. I've also heard serious 'phasing', which is way of 'bending' the delivery of the sound waves...you've heard this in guitar effects processing.
    Have you thought about "beat frequency" effects from multiple acoustic sources [[e.g., truck or train engines, HVAC units, sewage pumps or building/tunnel air handlers, etc.? For example, consider two engines idling at 14 Hz [[cycles/sec) and 15 Hz. The beat frequency would be 1Hz = 15 Hz - 14 Hz [[similar to what both epiphany and Gannon are describing).

These interference effects can easily propagate considerable energy over a dozen or so acoustic wavelengths [[e.g., over several miles at sub-audio frequencies) with complex interference effects occurring along the transmission path. In an industrial area such as Detroit, with its many running engines, electric motors and large fans, machine presses, etc., as well as varied underlying geology, such effects could readily occur.

And, due to their time-varying and sometimes periodic behaviors, these sources could cause the type of complex temporal phenomena that Gannon is describing. [[Think about sewerage lift pumps turning on and off during the night, when usage is lower. Also air handlers that ventilate underground tunnels.)

Further, different individuals' idiosyncratic acoustic perceptions can cause differences in interpretation of faint or just-noticeable sounds - often in unusual ways. A visual analogue is the "man in the moon" - there is no "man" there, just a pattern of craters and dark blotches that our brains interpret as a "face"... isn't it comforting to "see" Ol' Fool Moon smiling down on us? Similarly, low-frequency acoustic perception can yield aural and semantic "aliasing", which is not well understood in terms of the relevant physics or psychophysics.

Finally, the wavelengths of the sounds involved are on the order of hundreds of feet, making it very, very difficult to precisely localize the sound to a building, underground hole or tunnel, or a region of interest of dimension several feet to tens of feet. And this would hold [[due to the Nyquist criterion) even if we had the tools to analytically model the salient effects of low-frequency acoustic diffusion, diffraction, and propagation through complex media [[e.g., rocks, gravel layers, underground cavities, and urban landscapes.)
    Last edited by beachboy; August-13-11 at 02:39 AM.

By the way, I've backpacked , flown over, and spent much, much time in Alaska over the years. I own property there. I've never heard any humming in AK and I've never heard of anyone that has. Except crude going through the pipeline near Glenallen of course, if one happens to be standing next to it.
    And having spent much time in the Canadian Shield area, I have never seen a Black Bear carcass. Therefore, Black Bears do not exist. Without this proof, by me, your theory's are a crock. Unless somebody comes up with a FULL black bear skeleton, they do not exist.

Bears - Beets - Battle Star Gallactica - Office 2006

I don't doubt people who say they are hearing something, but why does it have to be necessarily linked to some nefarious govt. experiment? Everything that is currently unexplained doesn't turn out to be a conspiracy.

Bigb23: With all due respect, you shouldn't call my theories [[I have suggested any theories?) a crock until you take a course in Logic and learn about theorums. You claim that since you have never seen any Black Bear carcasses, Black Bears do not exist. Actually, Logic would demand that your theorum should be that since you have never seen any Black Bear carcasses, Black Bear CARCASSES do not exist. People who have been mauled by Black Bears may never have seen a Black Bear carcass, but surely know that lack Bears do exist. Just trying to enlighten you.

John, I have heard of HAARP but confess to know very little about it other than it was some government program. Therefore, I have placed a call to an acquaintance who teaches Earth Sciences at the University of Alaska - Fairbanks to see if he knows anything about it. If and when he returns my call I'll share his response if he's heard of it.

take off the tinfoil hat son.

Its probably freeway noise. Its a low hum. Perhaps you are
    far away from the freeway but close enough that in the middle
    of the night when there isnt a whole lot of other noise being made
    and you are able to hear it.
    I live pretty close to 696. it makes a hum

Quote Originally Posted by Autoracks View Post
    take off the tinfoil hat son.

Its probably freeway noise. Its a low hum. Perhaps you are
    far away from the freeway but close enough that in the middle
    of the night when there isnt a whole lot of other noise being made
    and you are able to hear it.
    I live pretty close to 696. it makes a hum
    When I posted on this last night, I was in the house where I spent the second half of my childhood. It is literally one block off the I-94 service drive so I'm keenly aware of customary freeway sounds. The first half of my childhood was in a home in the Jefferson-Conner area where I regularly heard trains and freighter horns. The industrial-sounding, low frequency "hum" that I heard last night [[but have not heard this morning) does not remotely resemble any of those sounds. My 6 year old nephew even heard it last night when I put him to bed.

I can't say that the sound had any cognitive or behavioral effects on me, but I certainly don't rule out the possibility that it can affect those who are sensitive to certain low level frequencies.
    Last edited by mam2009; August-13-11 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    That is disinformation bs...he never 'went crazy' nor made stuff up, unless it was to KEEP the military from using his inventions as weapons.

Cheers, don't shit on Tesla. It is bad enough he only gets a small plaque in the Smithsonian...when most, if not all, of our modern comfortable life can be attributed to his genius.

Sincerely,
    John
    Tesla invited wireless communication and was the first to receive signal from space. Telsa is the only man to outsmart Edison.

Here's the feedback I got from my acquaintance in AK.

The HAARP project was started by 3 govt agencies and the University of AK [[where my friend teaches and does research in the Earth Sciences.) It was run by a private contractor. Several other universities eventually participated. The project was involved with an exploration of properties of the Ionisphere. The main facility was located 25 miles from Glenallen AK, an area where I've back-packed a couple of times [[in the Wrangell-St. Elias wilderness area.). There was a companion facility near Fairbanks which is not now operating but is going to be rebuilt. The project had nothing to do with weaponry or "shooting beams back to earth."

HAARP has apparently been referred to as a "conspiracy magnet." There have been innumerable stories written about the so-called sinister nature of the project and it has been blamed for everything from earthquakes, the hurricane that devastated Haiti, and about every other natural catastrophy that has occurred for several years. I mentioned Gannon's story about native Alaskans being harmed by the project and he just laughed and said there has never been a case of that kind in AK or anywhere that he's aware of [[and he is quite knowledgable about the project, has friends that were involved, and is a lifelong AK resident.)

He also suggested that there's been a lot of stuff about the project on the internet including several conspiracy sites. I haven't had a chance to look at them but will when time permits.
    Last edited by 3WC; August-13-11 at 02:31 PM. Reason: grammar

Buy American Guest

I hear a high pitched frequency noise all day, every day...been diagnosed with tinnitis.

Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post
    HAARP has apparently been referred to as a "conspiracy magnet." There have been innumerable stories written about the so-called sinister nature of the project and it has been blamed for everything from earthquakes, the hurricane that devastated Haiti, and about every other natural catastrophy that has occurred for several years. I mentioned Gannon's story about native Alaskans being harmed by the project and he just laughed and said there has never been a case of that kind in AK or anywhere that he's aware of [[and he is quite knowledgable about the project, has friends that were involved, and is a lifelong AK resident.)
    A futile effort with the thumb-sucking crowd. A quick search would have provided links the the project[[ http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/ ), provided here in the past when the subject comes up, but of course that's never good enough.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast