Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

i want pictures, pictures of the mindboxes!

Quote Originally Posted by takascar View Post
    4:35 for the MindBox on Three Mile Drive. FYI: The other ones that we found with timers were not set for that time, but all of them after 3am but before 5:30am local time. The Milwaukee Railroad box was set for 3:55am.

Seems like they want them to affect you when you are asleep. Thing is, you often times wake up in terror - especially when a small child [[Man how I hate their effing guts for doing this...)
    I remember your recollection of how it affected your sister and mother when your family lived over here, too.

They've gone to at least an hourly change in frequency and/or complexity of harmonic interplay. Often it is almost precisely five minutes either way, so I'm not surprised to see your report of those times in the test boxes.

I'd like to know if your group has developed any way to find these with accuracy...you'd think there'd be some measureable loss over distance from the generators, if measuring at each house feed...some way to gauge proximity and center on location.

If I had my guesses on the reasons behind 'em?! To KEEP people from deep REM sleep, which has always had evidences of mystical interactions...positive dreams. You NEVER hear of anyone having good reactions to this energy.

There might be some push to get everyone onto sleep, anti-anxiety, and/or sinus aid drugs...sure would be profitable for somebody up that stream.

Once again, Mack's PillowSoft Earplugs, an extra-strength BreathRight strip, and a small dose of Mother Nature's Most Amusing Analgesic seem to do the trick for me. I'll still stir on the hour, but can get back to sleep nearly immediately. If I forget my earplugs, I'm certain to have major negative sinus event at the very least.

Although I've proven it to her, my gal still sleeps without earplugs...she finds it uncomfortable to hear her own heartbeat and breathing...and suffers bizarre nightmares constantly. To see the look on our neighbors face when I asked her if anyone in their house had trouble sleeping at night, she gets nightmares as well. But as I said, we're all suffering some form of interruption here in GPP...not much more than a mile from where you lived back in the day, Takascar.

Cheers
    Last edited by Gannon; June-02-13 at 12:52 PM.

I may have found a way to identify the pulse rates, too, inadvertently. Put one of those new-fangled curly mercury-laden screwball lights in the outside fixture by the side door...and when the switch is turned OFF the light flickers at the same rate I perceive in my inner ear. I've not yet tried to watch it on the hour changes, but it might be enough to trigger a frequency counter.

Wish I had a wide-band waveform analyzer...

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    Has anyone in this thread recorded this 'hum'?
    Jerry, I had evidence of it on a spectrum analyzer one morning...sure I put a picture of it in this thread showing the increasing energy at BOTH ends of the limits of human hearing. I've not tried that again. While I have engaged this from many angles, directly encountering it is unsettling to the extreme...not unlike electricity itself.

The more proof that solidifies, the more reason something must be done about it. Taking that step is uncomfortable for me. I don't want to end up like Takascar here, runnin' around hating stuff...heh.

Cheers

Very curiously, there is no hum at the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. I can hear it, but not unlike last year's journey to the extreme western edge of the UP...it was distinctly in the direction of the power grid.

There is little to no power throughout the park, if anyone else has been there...and when we were hiking early yesterday morning, I was astounded to hear only my usual background tinnitis at both ends of the spectrum. That is one of the most peaceful places I've ever been, and awe-inspiring as well.

My first few days in the mountains of central AZ a few weeks ago were devoid of hum...not far from the Tonto Rim, I had peace in my head for the first time this year. So, I'm wondering if the sensitivity to the ELF tones is connected somehow with the oxygen saturation in my blood or the alteration in atmospheric pressure...because I had some difficulty with altitude sickness this trip.

I'll let y'all know what happens when I get closer to sea level again.

Cheers from the border between two time zones...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Very curiously, there is no hum at the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. I can hear it, but not unlike last year's journey to the extreme western edge of the UP...it was distinctly in the direction of the power grid.

There is little to no power throughout the park, if anyone else has been there...and when we were hiking early yesterday morning, I was astounded to hear only my usual background tinnitis at both ends of the spectrum. That is one of the most peaceful places I've ever been, and awe-inspiring as well.

My first few days in the mountains of central AZ a few weeks ago were devoid of hum...not far from the Tonto Rim, I had peace in my head for the first time this year. So, I'm wondering if the sensitivity to the ELF tones is connected somehow with the oxygen saturation in my blood or the alteration in atmospheric pressure...because I had some difficulty with altitude sickness this trip.

I'll let y'all know what happens when I get closer to sea level again.

Cheers from the border between two time zones...
    HEY, bring me back a t-shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    HEY, bring me back a t-shirt!
    I'll wander around the Megopolis of North Platte and see what I can find. You might only fit it if you are really flat-chested, though.

...My first few days in the mountains of central AZ a few weeks ago were devoid of hum...not far from the Tonto Rim, I had peace in my head for the first time this year....
    That's the Mogollon Rim [[pronounced MUGGy-own), correct?

I once made the serious mistake of camping up there during monsoon season. I've never seen so much lightning up close and personal. It's basically like trying to sleep inside of a thunderstorm. It could have been deadly. Never again.

Nice view though.

Yeah, and they come up quickly from seemingly any direction...but that wonderful smell when they finally deliver. Shame that fun thunder has to come with those lightning strikes.

We were only an hour or so from that fire that killed those firefighters...everyone was on edge until the rains came.

I cannot imagine sleeping in a tent around there. We saw a tarantula on a few of our nightly walks...and the Elks Club has real Elk. Although...I did spend an inordinate amount of time at night gazing skyward in awe.
    Last edited by Gannon; July-12-13 at 02:22 PM.

408 posts. No way I'm going through this entire thing, but when I saw the below-linked article I immediately thought of this particular thread. Not sure if you guys already solved the mystery, but this sounds like this might be what you're all talking about:

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/myste...rld-6C10760872

Oddly enough, I was reading up on others having difficulty with this phenomena and wanted to encourage them to read up on Count Reichenbach. His wikipedia page was JUST edited on Friday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Reichenbach

I know what I read...even though I spelled his name wrong in this thread at least once. But the sonambulism and sensitives studies have been minimized now.
    Last edited by Gannon; September-15-13 at 09:26 AM.

Oddly enough, I was reading up on others having difficulty with this phenomena and wanted to encourage them to read up on Count Reichenbach. His wikipedia page was JUST edited on Friday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Reichenbach

I know what I read...even though I spelled his name wrong in this thread at least once. But the sonambulism and sensitives studies have been minimized now.
    By "Minimized" you mean moved to it's own article?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_R...The_Odic_force
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odic_force

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    whoa.

may the Odic be with you.

apparently it bothered the navy yard shooter into his rampage. Deep breaths Gannon.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    apparently it bothered the navy yard shooter into his rampage. Deep breaths Gannon.
    ARTICLE ON THIS.. http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-navy-yard-...234349368.html

Has anyone else noticed Gannon's been a bit edgy lately?

I heard this yesterday afternoon on the radio news & immediately thought of him.

Stay out of Eastern Market at breakfast time!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Has anyone else noticed Gannon's been a bit edgy lately?
    Yeppers... a coincidence? I'm not sure....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NQ3kXLKfDM

Thanks for the interesting link MizMotown! I hope Gannon reads that... not that the article will tell him anything new... but there's something about those comments... well I smell a conspiracy....

Studying the hum, much less its origin, is challenging. It is difficult to capture the mainly nocturnal sound on tape, since it doesn't hum all the time.
    That excuse sounds suspicious to me. I've used sound-activated tape recorders to record nocturnal shortwave transmissions. They don't run until there's something to record and you can leave them armed indefinitely.

I'd like to hear some plausible reasons why these hums haven't been solved yet. I'm not saying such reasons don't exist. I'm just curious why such a story can go on for so long without converging toward a conclusion. Aren't there any amateur sleuths out there vying for the glory of being the first to resolve the mystery?

It's starting to remind me of that goofy controversy in the '70s about whether pyramid-shaped containers keep razor blades sharp longer. I think that fad just died out without resolution.

You Earthlings are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    That excuse sounds suspicious to me. I've used sound-activated tape recorders to record nocturnal shortwave transmissions. They don't run until there's something to record and you can leave them armed indefinitely.

I'd like to hear some plausible reasons why these hums haven't been solved yet. I'm not saying such reasons don't exist. I'm just curious why such a story can go on for so long without converging toward a conclusion. Aren't there any amateur sleuths out there vying for the glory of being the first to resolve the mystery?

It's starting to remind me of that goofy controversy in the '70s about whether pyramid-shaped containers keep razor blades sharp longer. I think that fad just died out without resolution.

You Earthlings are weird.

Yeah, but so far we're all you've got. Might as well be entertained by us.

Nothing new in that news article, but I chose to watch the video...which I rarely do if there is a transcript or written piece that tells the whole story. Glad I did, though...those recordings captured significant deep bass, which most television speakers couldn't even play. I just got my studio system reconnected, with an old AudioPro subwoofer that reaches to the lowest octave we can hear...and was impressed with what the Windsorite captured.

I wasn't expecting much...since modern microphones and recorders filter out where the main energy of this Hum truly is, down in the Extremely Low Frequency range, or ELF. I've talked about it before.

I've also talked about why not everybody perceives this...bolstered by the research done in the 1800s by that Reichenbach fellow, who noticed there were a minority of the population he deemed 'sensitives'. Of course, he was talking about sleep-walkers and such, but the implication remains that there can be something which some portion of the population is more able to perceive than others.

I also know for certain that the Hum is NOT nocturnal. It is a constant background noise which is easily masked by other sounds...which are simply more prevalent during the day, so even FEWER people notice it when most everyone else is awake and making their own noises.

I've now surveyed all of my near neighbors, and EVERY ONE of them has issues with sleeping and/or anxiety. Some use fans as basic white noise. Some medicate in various forms and fashions.

So, if the government here says nobody is complaining, perhaps it is because they're not asking the doctors who these folks reach out to for help. They are waiting for the citizenry to complain about something which folks don't view government as a solution towards.

It took the additional noises from Zug Island [[which I suspect radiate from steel production which uses large electromagnets to affect molecule alignment-which would be at least corporate secrets or deeper, thusly more tough to investigate), and perhaps the odd geology under the high-rise apartments in Windor, for their residents to complain. Perhaps the Canadians have a more efficient complaint tracking system...who knows?!

I have developed my ways of dealing with the Hum. Shared them as I discovered them. Hope everyone knows about Mack's Pillowsoft Earplugs now.

Convinced, due to life experiences...especially the testimony from the fellow who designed the high-end AC purifier...and my understanding of the human perceptual system, that this Hum is fundamentally an ElectroMagnetic phenomena rather than an acoustic one...but it has acoustic side-effects, the range of human hearing and bone conductance is but a tiny sliver of a fraction of the entire EM spectrum.

Given the proper ELF EM capture equipment, I am certain we could find the causes which contribute to this phenomena. Bring back those Canadian university people...they are less likely to be influenced by the Military Industrial Complex's funding leashes and security restrictions.

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; October-07-13 at 08:58 PM.

I've always wondered, why I've never experienced the low level hum. I'm not contesting that it dose not exist, I've just never experienced it.

Did I tell you a story I heard back in college many long years ago? I studied anthropology. The story was about a remote village in Alaska where a military base was planned, maybe Adak way out in the Aleutians where my Dad was in WWII. I don't remember the details any more and could not find any references when I Googled. Anyway, it seemed when they set up the power lines, they had explained all about electricity to the native people, and that they would be turning on the power. Well, when they did, a number of people ran up screaming and holding their hands over their ears, claiming a bad spirit was trying to get into their heads and eat their brains. It seemed there was a noise from the power lines that the contractors could not hear.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast