Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Free Press this morning reporting on earthquake theory:

BIG BOOM THEORY
    Wis. noises linked to minor quake
    An official for an eastern Wisconsin city plagued this week by a series of unexplained booming sounds says the mystery can be attributed to an early-morning earthquake. Clintonville City Administrator Lisa Kuss told the community Thursday “the mystery is solved.” She says the rumbling can be explained by a 1.5-magnitude earthquake that struck Tuesday and was confirmed by federal geologists Thursday. Earthquakes can generate seismic energy that moves through rock at thousands of miles per hour, producing a sonic boom when the waves come to the surface, geophysicist Paul Caruso said. Local residents have reported late-night disturbances since Sunday, including shaking ground and loud booms that sound like thunder or fireworks.

The hum [and this thread] just won't go away. Now the Canadian Feds are getting involved.

Windsor's mysterious hum has reached the ears of the federal government.
    Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird sent his parliamentary secretary, Bob Dechert, to Windsor Friday on a fact-finding mission looking into reported rumblings that have disturbed thousands of residents in the area for over a year.

"We're concerned, obviously, if there's something impacting the health and quality of life of Canadian residents, so we want to understand what it is and
    see if there's any way that we can help to resolve the issue," Dechert said.

Dechert met with Mayor Eddie Francis, Great Lakes stakeholders, the council of Great Lakes Industries and a number of business executives and industry representatives on the U.S. side.

I don't hear and hum sound. Just smelling the pollution!

Probably just Detroit River-induced seismic noise, partly generated by stream turbulence, with the remainder caused by ground vibrations generated by the river bed load transport.

Reference:
    Spectral analysis of seismic noise induced by rivers

JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH, VOL. 113, B05301, 14 PP., 2008; doi:10.1029/2007JB005034

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Probably just Detroit River-induced seismic noise, partly generated by stream turbulence, with the remainder caused by ground vibrations generated by the river bed load transport.

Reference:
    Spectral analysis of seismic noise induced by rivers

JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH, VOL. 113, B05301, 14 PP., 2008; doi:10.1029/2007JB005034
    Might be a part of it...but certainly not the whole.

I hear it on the northern shore of Crooked Lake, a few miles east of Petoskey. Ain't too much turbulence in the lake. Something similar has been reported in Taos, NM...among other places...and they barely have a creek running nearby.

So, yeah, it begs greater analysis. Might be deeper than where they're looking...somehow beyond their gaze.

Cheers

Ototoxic Side Effects

Ototoxic side effects can damage our ears in many different ways. You may experience one, several or no side effects from taking any given drug. The average ototoxic drug exhibits about 3.5 ototoxic symptoms.4 Here are a number of the ototoxic side effects you could experience.
    When you know which ototoxic side effects can occur, you can watch for them. If they do occur, immediately contact your physician, stop taking the offending drug [[with your doctor's consent—of course) to try to limit the damage to your ears.
    1. Cochlear side effects

Tinnitus: Tinnitus, commonly called "ringing in the ears," is the number one indicator that you may be damaging your ears from an ototoxic drug. At least 447 drugs are known to cause tinnitus.4 Tinnitus can manifest itself as a wide variety of sounds. It may be a ringing, roaring, beating, clicking, banging, buzzing, hissing, humming, blowing, chirping, clanging, sizzling, whooshing, rumbling, whistling or dreadful shrieking noise in your head. It may also sound like rushing water, radio static, breaking glass, bells ringing, owls hooting or chainsaws running.3

http://www.hearinglosshelp.com/artic...icupheaval.htm

Tinnitus is often described as the presence of a phantom sound that one might perceive in the ears or head in the absence of a real external source of sound. Those with tinnitus often say it sounds like ringing, hissing, buzzing, or roaring within the ears or head.

http://thebuzzstopshear.com/tag/tinnitus-tips/

If i take Vicodin i get a flutter in my ear every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    The hum [and this thread] just won't go away. Now the Canadian Feds are getting involved.
    before finishing off the day with a tour of Zug Island from where a Canadian federal study suggests the hum may be originating.
    Be nice to know what exactly they toured, and wether anything was actually up and running at the time.

Alex.

HUM is now featured story in the May 1st Wall Street Journal:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...btKfm8UCh34Sfg

Newser has a posting on today too. Canada pointing the finger at Zug Island.

Quote Originally Posted by WKL View Post
    Newser has a posting on today too. Canada pointing the finger at Zug Island.
    So it could be Zug Island combined with the Canadian salt mines as a resonator. That ought to keep all kinds of government workers busy on both sides of the border.

Yahoo via ABC news but only the Canadians can hear it.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html

The only problem? The residents of the Detroit suburb have no idea what their Canadian friends are talking about, or hearing.

When I went to the boat-launch park immediately west of Fort Wayne a few days ago, there was a continuous rumble coming from the steel mill on Zug Island. Not a hum, but a steady rumble of big machinery, presumably a rolling mill or conveyor. Maybe it would attenuate to a hum at a greater distance where only the lower frequencies come through.

I didn't look in the window of the white-and-green cop car to see if the noise was keeping the Customs and Border Protection cop awake.

Default Zug Island tagged as the source of annoying noise in Windsor - WSJ article

I live near the 15 Mile and Harper area, Clinton Twp, just between St. Clair Shores and Harrison Township. I hear a noise that may be called similar to a hum, but really sounds like a high horsepower engine running flat out on a dyno maybe 1/2 mile away. You can hear it ramp up rather quickly, it maintains its level for a long time [[1/2 hour or more), then drops off quickly. There's a lot of light/medium industry in the area. Seems to happen during the day, weekdays and weekends. Anyone else from the area hear anything similar, or are maybe closer to the source? Thanks...

I have noticed it too since moving back to the city. Thought I was crazy...

At least they aren't blaming me for this, as my old girlfriend would... "A low level noise that rattles windows in Canada? Cut down on the beans, Gaseous Clay!"

check this out, Detroit hum is hitting Canada now

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...350/1409/rss36

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    check this out, Detroit hum is hitting Canada now

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...350/1409/rss36

It is more than just the 'Detroit' hum...LOL...yeah, I keep saying this, but it needs to be repeated for some dimbulbs. I'm not attacking the messenger, Vic, thanks for the link. At least he said 'some' Detroiters hear it...which is way better than most. Might be some hope for Mr. Greenwood yet.

The hum exists in the SAME form in Petoskey, hearing it there made me pay more attention to it down here. From descriptions on-line, it also exists in the SAME form in Los Angeles, Taos, London, New Jersey...and many, many more locations.

From what I can tell, it is louder where the ground is thinner over bedrock and perhaps over subterranean crystaline geological oddities, say...like our great collection of salt.

Many, many years ago on this board, I speculated what might happen if the rumored raising of the Schumann Resonance was actually happening. It has been, on average, 7.83 Hz since it was discovered. Worldwide. There have been some reports, unconfirmed, which claim it has risen above 10Hz...which puts it in the octave 'just' beneath the lowest one we can hear, and smack-dab into where it has been PROVEN we have at least a sixth sense that can FEEL ElectroMagnetic Extremely Low Frequencies.

Exactly how I sense it. I can still hear it with those Mack's solid-silicone earplugs stuffed into my head...but it is muted and manageable. Many times I can feel it vibrate my brainstem...which I believe is that sixth sense.

When you search on EM ELF research, as I've done in the past, you find Top Secret research project abstracts from many major universities around the country. Without clearance, these cannot be purchased for perusal. Nobody is going to give me clearance, and rightfully so.

I don't trust anyone who has it. Why would I want to start not trusting myself?!

Cheers and more,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; May-05-12 at 10:13 AM.

Watch Channel 7...11pm TONIGHT...Bill Proctor investigates - will reveal the source of the hum!........go to Channel 7 website for a preview

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_uke View Post
    ... go to Channel 7 website for a preview
    Have you heard the Windsor Hum? Canadians say they're suffering from this sound coming from Michigan

This should be good.

I predict they've found A repetitive sound, but not the true source of The Hum.

I'm capitalizing it now, because it's taken on a life of its own. Might as well honor that.

Anything they say will not apply to why I hear it up in Petoskey, I'd bet.

Who's gonna take me up on this?!

Cheers!

Oh, and the comment section held one slice of wisdom...the woman who said google it and realize it is worldwide.

Sure wish I could find those old threads where I postulated about that effects of the possible increase in the frequency of the Schumann Resonance...

Thanks, Wheels. I've done that search before and didn't come up with the stuff I knew I had researched and posted.

I went and modified that to do the @Detroit archives...and found this thread, from just before ItsJeff died and my life spiraled downwards into chaos. It was a very weird time in my life.

http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/...tml?1171258368

and this post within it:

Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 8:38 pm:

Sorry, that was from my October or November sleep-learning adventures.

Learned then that the anxieties, ticks, depressions and the like that are becoming epidemic are very likely simple herd stress.

Ever wonder why and how animals are able to avert natural tragedy...like the Tsunami and earthquakes? They trust their sixth sense, the electro-magnetic transductance that science has PROVEN exists in the human machine as well.

It moves the ducks south, shows the fish where to swim back to their spawning ground...explains the horrible bird die-offs around broadcast antennae...among VERY many other phenomenon. ALL research in the past fifty years into this has been declared TOP SECRET, but I found one medical study that snuck through. If anyone can search out the Journal of Neurological Sciences publication of 'Frequency-specific responses in the human brain caused by electromagnetic fields', it makes for some VERY interesting reading.

All of our perceptions are from TRANSDUCTANCE, the changing of energy from one state to another. The eyes do it with various limited frequencies of light, the ears with sound and so on.

As I've said before, waking with precise terms in my head to look up on the Internet that turn out to be real concepts...has been quite troubling to me, but it has now recurred precisely four times in four months. I simply cannot wait for the next new moon.

WE westerners however, have spent the last hundred years or so removing ourselves from nature, our connection with the planet with all its rhythms and cycles, and thusly limiting our very perception. My Livonia Friend [[and old car hifi maniac, any Car Tunes customers probably know him) brought it to my attention one morning that we've been wearing more effective insulators than leather on our feet for a long while, too.

Horrible how they've removed the good stuff from natural foods in their quest for shelf life, and the lingering chemicals in the water supply KILL the available magnetically-aligned Pi-water component...that oddly the FDA wants you to NOT look closely at!!

I've been on my Pi water experiment for over two weeks now with GREAT success in curbing my depressive tendencies and cloudy head syndrome during the full moon. IF it is placebo, I'm going for it, they STILL don't know why THAT effect works!

NOW that the resonance of the planet is in the octave below what the mere human perceptual system can HEAR, it is very likely we are tapping into this excited state of the planet through both bone conductance AND this EM sensitivity.

Luckily for most of us, a layer of clay and soil [[at least) separates us from the bedrock, so it isn't as physically noticable. This springtime, I will be doing a series of experiments here in Detroit regarding this phenomenon, since we sit on a large plug of salt...and have MANY high-rises built without the seismic de-coupling common to modern skyscrapers.

I recently heard of some strange vibration in Taos NM, and I'm fairly certain this is the same thing. They are pretty much on bedrock in the mountains...and the geometry of those upright deserts might even amplify this rising frequency. There is GREAT evidence that the other spiritual centers have curious geological features...and the Pi water explains the mythical swirling waters of healing that have been in human history since time-out-of-mind

I had a few very spiritual experiences recently in Taos which dovetail with these other findings. Powerful stuff, undeniably beyond description, expectation, or understanding.

Tesla not only was able to make the planet resonate, he proved it conducted like a single wire...ground is NOT ground, and I now need to play with some high current diodes in my better hifi installations to see if there is any benefit to isolating ground to be ONE way!

But there was one discussion where I postulated that older pre-anti-seismic technology high-rises would have specific troubles IF the Schumann Resonance indeed had increased into the octave below our limit of hearing.

I'd love to find that one, but it may have gone down the e-drain with that mysterious twice-disappearing Beautiful Paraguay in the Post Apocalypse Springtime thead. I love that the Wayback Machine archives has a HUGE gap in their samplings of Lowell's board at just about that same time frame.

Cheers,
    John

This makes for interesting reading, providing the substantiation for my conclusion that this hum is nefariously introduced into the AC grid by some portion of the government hidden and protected by Top Secret clearance.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/30431973/F...caused-by-EMFs

Coupled with that story about the MindBox, and my extensive knowledge about the MK-ULTRA program performed by Nazi scientists brought to our shores and integrated into the intelligence community through Operation Paperclip...it is a slam-dunk and those who refuse to believe are stuck in denial and ignorance.

Good luck with that. I'm going to finally get to my Faraday shielding experiments in earnest...LOL...

Cheers!
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; May-07-12 at 04:28 AM.

Ha-Ha-Ha...as I suspected.

Bill Proctor must have sphincter wrinkles near his elbow now, I'm guessing that's how far he had to reach to pull the weatherman aspect into this.

I'd like one example of Extremely Low Frequencies being pushed and moved by wind. Ever. It cannot happen. Sorry, Bill. All the build-up...the hype making me waste fifteen minutes or more until hearing that tripe. Where can I send the bill for my time?

Oh, wait, I guess I don't want one from all y'all over that which I've, um, used up of yours. LOL!

So yeah, I'd sure like to get my hands on a copy of that report. I will read every word, check into their methodology...and know what they ignored.

I'm guessing it is because they are thinking ACOUSTIC energy, when we're much more likely dealing with ElectroMagnetic.

Cheers,
    John

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast