Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Low-level HUM Bothering Anyone Else? The Windsor Hum

All,

Does anyone else hear and/or feel a very low frequency hum in the quietest hours of the morning in Detroit and/or Windsor?

I've not been taking accurate notes, but have heard it for the past year.

Does anyone remember that thread on the MindBox?! Someone talked about finding a black box in a sewer hooked up to a power pole on their old neighborhood on the Near East side of the City...and they disconnected it only to have some black sedan drive by a day or so later?!

That was another thread that mysteriously disappeared after that server crash Lowell had a number of years ago.

I'm curious, because Craig Fahle is having a portion of his show today about the Hum as it has been affecting people in Windsor. It should be on in an hour or so.

Cheers,
    John

Is this 'hum' heard in a particular area, like downtown or near the river [[US - CA border)?

I have heard something like that around midnight - 3:00 am for about two years I believe. Sometimes it keeps me awake. It sounds like the vibration from a bass guitar maybe. I live 696/Southfield area. One time last fall I went outside to see if I could tell if someone on my block was playing music but did not hear anything. My next door neighbor has a band and they practice at his house but strictly during the day and the particular night I walked around outside he was not even home.

the vibration noise is always the same repetitive pattern, not really like the bass notes of an electronic instrument. I was guessing maybe some work was going on in the I-696 'ditch' because the noise seemed to originate underground.
    Last edited by kryptonite; August-05-11 at 08:47 AM.

^^^ Every night or just on weekends?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Every night or just on weekends?
    Z - I have heard it during the week. Sometimes I get insomnia and the hum bothers me because I have to be up early for work the next day. If it has happened on weekends I don't specifically recall though.

Aso, I had radiation and chemo treatments to the skull. The treatments left me with permanent loud ringing in my ears caused by nerve damage. I can still hear the hum/buzz noise over the ringing.
    Last edited by kryptonite; August-05-11 at 08:56 AM.

Not meaning to sound snarky, but the freeway construction sounds seems to reverberate alot from surprisingly far distances and well it is 'construction' season! LOL! And they do work at night with those spotlights and all. Still it takes them forever to finish what they are doing....

I'm sensitive to the low hum that some industrial tubed florescent lights give off. Not at much of a problem now as the technology has improved.
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    Z - I have heard it during the week. Sometimes I get insomnia and the hum bothers me because I have to be up early for work the next day. If it has happened on weekends I don't specifically recall though.

Aso, I had radiation and chemo treatments to the skull. The treatments left me with permanent loud ringing in my ears caused by nerve damage. I can still hear the hum/buzz noise over the ringing.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-05-11 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Not meaning to sound snarky, but the freeway construction sounds seems to reverberate alot from surprisingly far distances and well it is 'construction' season! LOL! And they do work at night with those spotlights and all. Still it takes them forever to finish what they are doing....

I'm sensitive to the low hum that some industrial tubed florescent lights give off. Not at much of a problem now as the technology has improved.
    Well that idea crossed my mind, that night time work might be going on on I-696. Before today I just guessed that must explain it but now i'm not convinced. I mean how would a person even begin to investigate something oddball like a night-time vibration that does not appear to be heard outside one's home and is totally unlike an appliance noise? I also hear it in my basement because I have gone down there to check. My house is a ranch, no second story to report on.

Thanks Kryp.

Zacha, it is ubiquitous...I've heard it everywhere, even on Belle Isle. Sounds most often like a diesel engine idling in the distance.

When we went up to Petoskey last summer, I heard it. It was just after Labor Day, and we were only one of two or three people on that particular lake. I went for a VERY long walk one morning looking for the source.

When I returned to the Detroit area...I started listening more closely at family, friends and clients' homes. It is everywhere. It does come and go, or change to different frequencies/tones...and occasionally you can hear harmonics and/or warbling.

I've investigated what I would consider the more common sources...and have been overjoyed whenever I've learned anyone else hears this, my girlfriend didn't for many months. Now she does, occasionally...and NOT just to shut me up about it, either, LOL!

It is a residual noise, and cannot be heard when ANY other sounds are in the room...or even the house...due to the well-known and documented 'masking' nature of our ear/brain system. Our perception allows louder and closer sounds to mask other noises...and what we focus upon with our gaze takes precedence as well. That is why you can 'hear' what someone is saying at a loud concert.

It is quite the mystery...and I'm glad to have it as a story on Craig's show.

Cheers,
    John

I went straight to the possible/probable nefarious nature of this sound, because of the learning I was given of the Tesla technology a few years back, during those New Moon vivid dreams...along with the studies forced by them, when I kept bouncing into Top Secret studies at universities.

They all had to do with ElectroMagnetic perception in the human 'machine', a sixth sense PROVEN, and manipulation of the masses through particular radiation of these Extremely Low Frequencies...ELFs...which have some effect just outside our usual hearing range on the nervous system.

Cheers,
    John

^^^^^ Hmmmn, sounds tripped out. I know I've heard humming sounds down by the river front late at night which I ascribed as coming from the Rouge plant. We best stop now or someones gonna think we're crazy if they do not already....... LOL!

Zacha, please read that thread, it has postings from around the WORLD. This is NOT a phenonemon that is easily dismissed or explained away.

Cheers

I'm beyond that fear...if anyone wants to call me crazy, that diagnoses will be very welcome.

Low frequency sounds travel a very long distance, if they have enough energy behind them.

The Navy tested ELF tickling of the entire Earth, with that ELF array in the UP [[and later I learned they did a backup in Northern Wisconsin as well)...but they apparently had to stop the experiment. The Resonance of the Earth changed enough to keep them from using it with those grids...look up the Schumann Resonance for more information on that phenomenon. I have no proof it changed yet...but it has been 7.83 Hz since it was first discovered during WWI.

But the Navy was using the resonance of the Earth to signal deep-diving nuclear subs on the other side of the planet...in a twelve-character per second form of coding, not unlike Morse code...since the medium wouldn't pass distinct signals any quicker. They had an echo...

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; August-05-11 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I'm beyond that fear...if anyone wants to call me crazy, that diagnoses will be very welcome.

Low frequency sounds travel a very long distance, if they have enough energy behind them.

The Navy tested ELF tickling of the entire Earth, with that ELF array in the UP [[and later I learned they did a backup in Northern Wisconsin as well)...but they apparently had to stop the experiment. The Resonance of the Earth changed enough to keep them from using it with those grids...look up the Schumann Resonance for more information on that phenomenon. I have no proof it changed yet...but it has been 7.83 Hz since it was first discovered during WWI.

But the Navy was using the resonance of the Earth to signal deep-diving nuclear subs on the other side of the planet...in a twelve-character per second form of coding, not unlike Morse code...since the medium wouldn't pass distinct signals any quicker. They had an echo...

Sincerely,
    John
    I was just at the old ELF line yesterday [[SW of Marquette, in Ely township/Republic) . I have property about 1/3 mile south of one of the lines. They took everything out about 4 years ago and now its just a 150 yard wide path that goes for miles. Its starting to see some trees grow into the area now. If you want to look into such technologies read about what they are doing in Alaska now.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    I was just at the old ELF line yesterday [[SW of Marquette, in Ely township/Republic) . I have property about 1/3 mile south of one of the lines. They took everything out about 4 years ago and now its just a 150 yard wide path that goes for miles. Its starting to see some trees grow into the area now. If you want to look into such technologies read about what they are doing in Alaska now.
    Thanks for this, Guito. I am well aware of the HAARP rumors and innuendos, thanks!

Did you know they did the same experiment in Wisconsin, too?! There was something about the makeup of the ground...possibly accessibility to bedrock. They were causing the Earth to resonate so they could communicate with deep-diving nuclear subs on the other side of the globe...but had to disassemble the projects for some reason.

It ain't too often the military does this, but they also oddly publicly announced that the stuff was coming out of the ground...after such secrecy when it was installed. There were many years of hearing the radical environmentalists, then they went silent just before I saw those AT&T trucks every mile or so in the UP.

How long ago WAS that grid installed?! In my memory is was the middle-to-late 80s.

Cheers!

Wow! When you think about it, there are probably very few truly quite places left on earth and we've learned to tune out much as you mention....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Zacha, it is ubiquitous...I've heard it everywhere, even on Belle Isle. Sounds most often like a diesel engine idling in the distance.

Mostly EVERY night...please read this thread, I went into considerable detail with my experimentation. It might save you some effort and time!

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age579401/pg16

Cheers!

^^^^ I hear you. Will check it out. I was watching a broadcast last year re. some studies about an overall increase of 'constant' background noise especially near major cities that have changed even the pitch of how birds communicate in response to the din of sound. Thanks.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-05-11 at 09:41 AM.

Have you determined whether it is Schumann Resonance or not?

I have to agree about the constant 696 noise, I am four blocks north of 696. But that sound to me is similar to waves on the beach. This crazy hum thing is more like a constant long-term sound that I think goes on for long intervals followed by a brief pause and then another long interval. That's too uniform for traffic noise. My oscillating fan on the dresser makes a similar noise as it turns, but the fan was not even on the nights I woke up to the vibration noise, it was packed away in the basement.

When it has happened I have gotten up and checked all appliances and I don't leave lights on at night except for a night light here and there. I also went into my basement to check for anything making a continual sound and found nothing.

It's very Outer Limits or Twilight Zone. Except not interesting enough for either of those.

my neighborhood does not have street lights so I can rule that out. Is it a Uverse/Edison thing possibly??
    Last edited by kryptonite; August-05-11 at 10:05 AM.

JBMcB, I have constant tinnitus related to chemo treatments a few years ago, it was damaging to both ears and is permanent.

But this vibration/hum thing is still very noticeable. It keeps me awake. You can almost feel it. I only notice it every so often, not every night by any stretch.

Here is an article about hum phenomena in general:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum

This part is especially interesting:

In the case of Kokomo, Indiana, a city with heavy industries, the source of the hum was thought to have been traced to two sources. The first was a pair of fans in a cooling tower at the local DaimlerChrysler casting plant emitting a 36 Hz tone. The second was an air compressor intake at the Haynes International plant emitting a 10 Hz tone.[9][10]

I believe that epiphany's comment is the key. My partner's nightmares and her reaction to this hum 'radiation' are exactly the same. You two use the same words!

If and when we can get enough of us who remember that MindBox thread, about the black box found in the sewer...from five or six YEARS ago, or more...one component of that thread was how many of the children had major nightmares. Some of the children went to the doctor for help.

If this doesn't lead right straight to modern applications of MK-Ultra research...which I'm pretty well studied up on the available information...then it will be found to be exacerbated by some major astronomical event...or both.

I'm betting there is a chord created by adding the Schumann Resonance as the fundamental, this hum as another leg, and the scream of the cell-towers as the third. Certain chords can make the human machine feel a certain way...this research is ancient, the Catholics even had names for some chords.

On the converse, some resonances and harmonies are quite beneficial, even unto physical healing. Mood manipulation is childs play to those who know the effects of pure tones, rhythms, and chordal torquing.

Cheers!

That hum is called the electric hum. It produces a middle 'C' hum and gives out over 60 decibels. Mechancal machines produces this electric hum when disturbed by oxygen molecules and a spread out and expandes to any area before ti dissipates by means of inverse square law.

on another note...

http://listverse.com/2011/08/02/10-c...cs-and-events/

The Mosquito

The Mosquito is an electronic device that is used to deter loitering by young people. It emits a sound with a very high frequency. The device was invented by Howard Stapleton in 2005, and was originally tested in Barry, South Wales. The newest version of the device, launched in 2008, has two frequency settings, one of approximately 17.4 kHz that can be heard only by young people, and another at 8 kHz that can be heard by most people. The target age demographic for the device is 13 to 25-years-old. Children have the ability to hear higher frequency sounds than adults.
    The Mosquito is sold as a small speaker that produces a high frequency sound much like the buzzing of an insect. The device is marketed as a safety and security tool for preventing youths from congregating in a specific area. In the UK, over 3,000 have been sold, mainly for use outside shops and near transport hubs. The Mosquito is also sold in Australia, France, Denmark, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Canada and the USA. The device is spreading across the U.S. and Canada. It is used in many cities, municipalities, school districts and public parks. The Mosquito has attracted controversy. Critics say that the device discriminates against young people and infringes on human rights, especially if used in public location, such as a park, where teenagers are allowed to gather.
    A large collection of people have filed suit over the device. The inventor, Howard Stapleton, has asked European governments to legislate guidelines governing its use. The German Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health has released a report that identifies a collection of possible safety hazards with The Mosquito. Lengthy exposure can be a problem for small children and infants. It can cause the onset of dizziness, headache, nausea and mental impairment.
    The Mosquito has received support and endorsements from municipalities, school districts, property management companies, convenience stores and other organizations. A UK group called “Buzz off” is campaigning for The Mosquito to be banned. Shami Chakrabarti, director of Liberty, has claimed that the sound is “untested and unregulated” and that it can be a “sonic weapon directed against children and young people.” In an interesting twist, there is a Teen Buzz ringtone that has been marketed. It is used by some kids to prevent teachers from hearing their ring.

Default My Sanity Is Confirmed

Count me in as another who has been bothered by this "hum." The description of a diesel engine idling in the distance, with a two-stage frequency is apt. I live up near Great Lakes Crossing Mall and have heard this for several years now. It's more apparent late at night when it's very, very quiet around us.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast