A quick update following the almost-concluded debt ceiling negotiations paints a fascinating picture of Democrats and Republicans agreeing on one thing – the leadership fiasco that is President Obama. Democrats are so upset in fact, serious whispers of a primary challenger to Obama are now quickly spreading within the party.

As predicted last week by our longtime D.C. Insider, the debt ceiling agreement now appears to have indeed been”all but done” days prior to its actual public conclusion. What is equally clear is just how inept Barack Obama was during the entire process – and how deep current frustrations and anger now run against the president from both Democrats and Republicans in Congress:
…As I told you last week, the debt ceiling deal was in fact concluded far earlier than the media reports indicated. All the drama made for good news, right? The principles were in agreement, but it was the Tea Party and far left folks who were putting up the big fight to the point of directly challenging the likes of Boehner, Pelosi, and Reid. In all my years of D.C. dealings, I have never seen so much infighting by people against others in their own political party. It was astounding to see and hear what some were saying about others over the last week or so. Both parties are going to be licking their wounds following this mess.

The one thing that almost everyone did agree with was how “idiotic”, “moronic”, “pathetic”, “self-serving”, “arrogant”, and “scary” President Obama’s role was during the process. Those are actual descriptions used against the president, and most of them came from Democrats. Everyone stunned over how little Barack Obama understands about anything. Told Harry Reid came out of a meeting with Obama over the weekend “visibly shaking” he was so angry at how little the president seemed to care about the process and related details of the agreement, and how flip and dismissive he was toward Senator Reid. “Just get something for me to sign Harry…” The primary concern of the Obama White House was the possibility of the debt ceiling issue carrying forward into the 2012 election cycle. The president and his people made that abundantly clear to anyone who would listen time after time after time.

What’s done is done on the debt ceiling stuff. What is coming from all of it though might prove even more interesting to us who want to see Obama made a one-termer. That would be what is now very serious conversations by some high ranking Democrats, and a few powerful donors, to run a primary challenger against President Obama. This scenario has been spoken of before, but now it’s getting very very serious.

Plouffe, who has all but taken over the president’s day-to-day scheduling, which is yet another clear sign that this president has totally given up even pretending that he is not already in 24/7 campaign mode, is warning Obama’s inner circle of the harm to the re-election such a challenge would inflict. Apparently the president himself remains working under the belief he is unbeatable. That no Republican no matter who it is can defeat him.
We’ll see about that. Many of us are jumping to the other side for this election and it will definitely be my last one. Sending you a much more detailed update later this week. Keep on Gunrunner. It is developing into something far more damaging to the administration than even we initially thought possible. Oh, and the Corsi stuff that you keep pumping on me. Guess what? It was recently brought up by someone once very high up in the administration. It appears there is in fact something substantial possibly developing on that as well. Significants are working double time keeping it under wraps. That always means it is legit, and serious. Remember that scenario well back in the Clinton days. Not saying I’m jumping into the deep end on that stuff just yet, but might actually owe you that drink after all. And maybe an apology as well.