Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am amused that so many women police officers have the desk jobs and clerk jobs now. Why is that? Those desk jobs were the DPOA's objective for officers who couldn't do full duty such as those who were injured. But now they appear to be held mostly by women - as if maybe the women are more injured than the males. Go over to your District and look. And notice that they always have food in their mouths or they are endlessly taking orders for carry-outs. They make you cool your heels!

Appears that many women police officers have no intention of working the streets.

The problem isn't just Detroit. I've been going to New York for the last 13 years to shop. There has been only one occassion that I didn't see a crime being committed in the middle of the day, on public busy streets. All though there are terrible crimes occurring al thru Michigan. Think about the two boys in Westland whom lured the man to their garage and killed him [[One of which is appealing his case now). I could enter a whole page of suburban crimes, it may not be as many as in the City, but there certainly a tad bit more horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by exdetroiter View Post
    The problem isn't just Detroit. I've been going to New York for the last 13 years to shop. There has been only one occassion that I didn't see a crime being committed in the middle of the day, on public busy streets. All though there are terrible crimes occurring al thru Michigan. Think about the two boys in Westland whom lured the man to their garage and killed him [[One of which is appealing his case now). I could enter a whole page of suburban crimes, it may not be as many as in the City, but there certainly a tad bit more horrific.
    Bullshit. I've never been a victim of a crime in the suburbs. There are so many wonderful families headed by intelligent, hard working people. I often go to the mall and leave the keys in my car and windows rolled down with valuables in full view and have NEVER EVER had a single thing touched. Sometimes I even leave the car running if I'm just going to run in and run out. Now in the city? I wouldn't travel to Detroit without full armor plating on my vehicle, a shock alarm system to electricute wanna be thieves, and a 9mm on my person.

Your post is just as false. I live in Dearbon, but I have worked in Southwest Detroit for 15 years and no crimes have been committed against me. It sounds like you are just a weak person. You are also a fool if you leave your keys in the car at the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Bullshit. I've never been a victim of a crime in the suburbs. There are so many wonderful families headed by intelligent, hard working people. I often go to the mall and leave the keys in my car and windows rolled down with valuables in full view and have NEVER EVER had a single thing touched. Sometimes I even leave the car running if I'm just going to run in and run out. Now in the city? I wouldn't travel to Detroit without full armor plating on my vehicle, a shock alarm system to electricute wanna be thieves, and a 9mm on my person.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I am amused that so many women police officers have the desk jobs and clerk jobs now. Why is that? Those desk jobs were the DPOA's objective for officers who couldn't do full duty such as those who were injured. But now they appear to be held mostly by women - as if maybe the women are more injured than the males. Go over to your District and look. And notice that they always have food in their mouths or they are endlessly taking orders for carry-outs. They make you cool your heels!

Appears that many women police officers have no intention of working the streets.
    There are lots of males in the police department who have no intention of working on the streets as well. And they are not injured. Whenever an administration tries to make their jobs civilian and put them back on the streets, the union blocks it.They might not be at the precincts, although I see some of them there as well, but they are elsewhere in the department in support divisions. How else can you have the Northwestern District, with 313 officers, claiming that on some weekends they can only put 4 scout cars on the street. I get more irritated everytime I think about it.

You might also recall that because of the union, pregnant officers must be placed on unpaid leave now. They cannot get desk jobs just because they are pregnant. It is not considered an "injury", not a work-related one anyway. So there can't be preferential treatment given to the females. I'm sure the union would block that. That happened under Bully-Cummings.

DetroitDad Guest

This can't be true! I call B.S.! What mall is this? Do lots of people leave keys and valuables with their windows down at this mall?

crawford Guest

Quote Originally Posted by exdetroiter View Post
    I call B.S.

I have lived in NYC for seven years, walk the streets every day, and have NEVER seen a crime committed. You saw crimes committed in 12 out of 13 trips??? WTF? Are you including littering perhaps, or drivers forgetting their seat belts?

NYC has lower crime than the nation as a whole, so if you are seeing crime in 12 out of 13 trips, I can't imagine what you see in Detroit. Hundreds of crimes being committed simultaneously?

lol I think CP is being sarcastic.....lmbao....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2