Took a ride to the island today. Hadn't been there in seven months or so. I figured by now that the restrooms on the Strand across from the fountain would be finished. Nope , but there were piles of turds nearly circle the building. It just goes to show how useless the Parks and Rec personnel are. Not just the average employee but the managers. How much trouble would it be to have a simple sign made up warning people that it is CLOSED and directing them to one that is OPEN.
Of course, the sign would have to be large enough to see and be positioned before exiting your vehicle. Too much obviously for their self centered existence.
The Comfort station at the Strand and Woodside is open but there were no signs differentiating the "Mens" from the "Womens". Another bit of simple courtesy could be easily accomplished with a bit of paint and brushwork on the wall beside the door but Nooooo! Too much to hope for .
Just a short distance from that comfort sattion is a small bridge that spans the outlet of Lake Okonoka. The wood decking of the bridge is rotted and someone thought as much since there is a barricade across the path. Trouble is the barricade is not directly adjacent to the structure but 20 feet away and there is only one on the south side nothing blocking the spans use from the north side of the path. A couple of 2x4's in an X nailed to the bridges rail would be an effective deterrent to a casual hiker . If anyone has any ideas and needs a number
1-888-CALL-SAM[[225-5726) or 1-800-LEE-FREE[[533-3733)

Yup,[[3rd) World Class City.

I already know some of the excuses that will be made in defence of the city personnel . Someone will cry that there aren't any funds for the purchase of any supplies . YEAH RIGHT!!!
Oh and, I didn't have to go I just wanted to see what it looked like inside.

Time to turn its operation over to the Metroparks system.