Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I just went to my first Red Wings game on Friday. It was so much fun. Joe Louis Arena was so energetic and exciting. The other fans were friendly. The food at the stadium was delicious. To top it off we won 5-2. Overall it was a great experience.

C'mon Wings........ find your game.

Five losses in a row has to go back some time. Either way I'm a die hard fan, but watching them lose in this fashion is really rough.

Those 5 losses in a row are a distant memory, the team is playing great. Howard is at his best.

I can't believe Howard isn't on the all-star ballot after having a great season last year and even better one this season so far . I've written him in on the ballot .

Well folks this isn't quite what I wanted , I would have rather had us replace Atlanta [[now Winnipeg) in the East . At least no more 10 pm and after starts . I believe this realignment could have two East or two West teams face off for the Cup , I think I heard this on HNIC

Board of Governors adopt radical realignment plan

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- The NHL's Board of Governors on Monday approved a radical realignment plan, eliminating the current two-conference, six-division setup in favor of a configuration that features four conferences based primarily on geography. Two conferences will have eight teams and the other two conferences will have seven teams.
    The Board authorized Commissioner Gary Bettman to implement this proposal in Monday evening's vote, pending input from the National Hockey League Players' Association. The League's intention is for the four-conference set-up to be in place starting with the 2012-13 season.
    The vote to approve realignment required a two-thirds majority of the League's 30 governors, and it passed on the first of two days of meetings here at The Inn at Spanish Bay.
    The makeup of the yet-to-be-named four conferences is as follows:
    * New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, Washington and Carolina
    * Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo, Florida and Tampa Bay
    * Detroit, Columbus, Nashville, St. Louis, Chicago, Minnesota, Dallas and Winnipeg
    * Los Angeles, Anaheim, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado
    much more at :
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=604852

I remember at the beginning of the year, some pundits were predicting a bad year for the wings -- possibly not even a playoff berth! it cracks me up